VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:53 PM

What are the differences between this album and POCH-2219 (Panzer Dragoon Original Sound Track)?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:04 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Well, like the entry mentions, it's a Remastered version of the 95 album.
Few differences here and there.. and slighty better sound.
2 more tracks.. 02 PROLOGUE & 06 Imperial Fleet.
Also the remaster CD does not have the Sound Effects track.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:48 AM

Does anyone know if this could represent the PC version of this game? It was released in 1997, while the original (along with the first print of the sound track and the sound version) was released in 1995. Neither one of our entries for the sound track or the sound version mention the PC release, so I wonder if it uses the remastered versions heard here or not.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:32 AM

I think the copyright would have 1997 instead of 1995 if it was for the pc version
Old Jun 23, 2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
2 more tracks.. 02 PROLOGUE & 06 Imperial Fleet.
About these tracks. While I know it's just my own opinion, these aren't overly important additions. There isn't any "music" in them, just SE of things (ships) moving and imperial army loudspeaker voice overs. If they could have removed the voice overs (which probably wasn't possible in 2006) I'd be more apt to be for their inclusion, but they don't add to the experience. I get this makes the soundtrack more complete, but when I pick and choose what's going to play in my media player, these are immediately going to get the ax.

Additionally, these tracks don't even appear in the DL on amazon (too short maybe?) although that may be because the DL is based off the original release even thought it uses the cover of this release. Futhermore, the release of the Zwei OST uses the cover of Alternative Elements arrange album with new text plastered on it.