VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:36 AM
VGMdb Advisor

id3 tags are useless, they didn't identify the composers or arrangers at all.

Oh, the insert has arrangers, but still no composers.

EDIT -- durr, back cover gives me original credits. GOOD.

Last edited by Ramza; Aug 5, 2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:26 AM
VGMdb Staff

Once again the crediting from VGL falls short of the mark so I've done what I can with it. The crediting gaps primarily revolve around the Phoenix Wright and the Zelda medleys. I'm not familiar enough with the Phoenix Wright music to pick out what game each theme comes from and, in turn, assign composers accordingly. As for Zelda, I couldn't find any footage of this arrangement and am not an album backer so can't be sure of the content at the moment. I'm wondering if it's linked to Eimear Noone's planned celtic arrange album - the Kickstarter video showcases music from The Wind Waker so it could well be that Koji Kondo is not the only contributing composer here - guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Jimby; Aug 5, 2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:35 PM
VGMdb Advisor

VGL5 backer rewards in include an EP-sized album of Noone's project ... but not the same album that Noone and the DIT group ran on Kickstarter. Confusing!

Jimby, thank you for doing what you can. Once the music is easily available we can keep filling in the gaps. "Products represented" is, I think, the key. Once that's in place it'll be easier to confirm composers.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I just received the physical CD for this. And the physical CD is available for purchase:

https://www.videogameslivestore.com/sale/cd

Don't have an exact release date. But should we update this listing to general release and format "CD", and also include listings to digital purchase options? (I think it should be available digitally on iTunes or Bandcamp or some such thing by now...)