VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:43 PM

Smile Advice/resources for a noob?

Hi there

I'm new to writing game music, and I'm stoked - I've previously only written and performed heavy metal (guitar) and solo piano music, but recently I wrote some music for some small game projects of my brother's, and it was really fun and I'm excited to get into it more.

Do you have anything you could share that was useful to you when you started out making VGM? Tutorials, advice on VGM conventions/culture, resources on mixing/mastering for VGM, other sites/communities?

I've been using the software instruments in Logic X, but are there any essential Logic software instrument plugins I should know about?

I searched the forum for this kind of discussion, but didn't find anything -- but if just suck at searching and all this kind of advice is up here somewhere already, let me know!

Thanks guys :)

- flower

PS if you want to check it out, my first wee compositions are up at https://soundcloud.com/marysiaflower -- constructive advice is very welcome

Last edited by Marysia Flower; Jan 31, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

Tags
logic, noob