VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 10, 2010, 04:31 PM

Default Castlevania: SOTN - bonus track on game disc

On the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night game disc, there's a bonus track of CD audio on track 2 of the game disc. It's introduced by Alucard's voice actor - "As you can see, this is a PlayStation black disc..."

Is there an official name for this track? It seems to be a remix of "Dracula's Castle", but I've yet to find something to call it by.
Old May 10, 2010, 09:53 PM

There is no official name I'm aware of, usually name it "Dracula's Castle (Remix)" when I rip it.

It is indeed a remix of "Dracula's Castle" as you say. I've always though it was a pretty cool "easter egg" even though it's not really that hidden.

Additionally, SotN's voice acting is so bad it's great. I'd rather have the over dramatic PS1 voice overs than the PSP VA. I mean really, I know so many people that can quote the cheezy ass exchange between Ritcher and Dracula in the prologue it's not even funny.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:45 AM

Oh, most definitely.

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!"

Thanks for the clarification too. "Dracula's Castle (Remix)" it is.