VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 24, 2016, 09:49 PM

I don't know anything about this album, but it seems really expensive in the secondary market. There's a copy on YJA for 50,000 yen, and otaku.com has one for around 400 USD.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:15 AM

I'm confused by this. The notes say all music is by Ando, but Ishikawa is still listed?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Ando did the soundtrack, but there are a couple of reprises of music Ishikawa wrote for KDL1. "Dance" and "Lose" in particular, don't remember off the top of my head if there are any others.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:40 AM

So does this soundtrack have the original music from the game, or is it an arrangement? On the product page, it's classified as "Soundtrack," but on the page itself, it says "Arrangement."

I'm not very familiar with Kirby Star Stacker, so I was unable to tell just from listening to it (though I will say it doesn't sound very much like an arrangement).
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Unless Masahito Nakano worked on the original game, which seems to me like a pretty unlikely and random outsourced sound role (but is possible, since the game doesn't have credits), the "Re-Programmed & Sequenced" credit suggests this isn't the original game audio but rather some kind of recreation or modification. But I skimmed a couple of tracks and the ones I checked did sound more or less identical yeah.

This page states that there are some arrangement differences, but doesn't actually list what they are, so I don't know if it's just an assumption: https://kirby.fandom.com/ja/wiki/カービ...nal_CD_Masters
Old Jun 3, 2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Unless Masahito Nakano worked on the original game, which seems to me like a pretty unlikely and random outsourced sound role (but is possible, since the game doesn't have credits), the "Re-Programmed & Sequenced" credit suggests this isn't the original game audio but rather some kind of recreation or modification. But I skimmed a couple of tracks and the ones I checked did sound more or less identical yeah.

This page states that there are some arrangement differences, but doesn't actually list what they are, so I don't know if it's just an assumption: https://kirby.fandom.com/ja/wiki/カービ...nal_CD_Masters
Ah, this is helpful--thanks.

So it appears to be not the original game audio but an attempt to recreate it.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 04:44 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why that was done. Seems weird. Maybe they didn't want to outright slap a Game Boy soundtrack on CD?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 05:07 AM

Or it's possible that was easier to do with the tools they had than to get a clean recording from GB.