VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:42 PM

missing songs compared to the jp release:

2-11 philistine
3-01 純白の恋人 (pure white lover)
3-64 welcome to the carnival
3-66 pure-white giant tiny glastonbury

did they keep the us version of philistine for the us release of the switch port? not sure if this one was a licensing or laziness issue (in that they didn't want to bother swapping the song out, but also didn't want to give us a version we technically don't "have", so to speak)

3-01 and 3-64 are almost certainly because of licensing cost issues with the vocalists and their talent agencies though

but then that leaves 3-66, of which I'm just ????? on. as I'm fairly positive the vocals there are just the hatsune miku voicebank, which should be like the most unproblematic to license for in a case such as this

as a side note though, the nmh1 ost by lrg is fully complete. in fact, they seem to be just straight-up repressings of the original jp release cds, for as far as I can tell

Last edited by Lilin; Jul 8, 2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilin View Post
as a side note though, the nmh1 ost by lrg is fully complete. in fact, they seem to be just straight-up repressings of the original jp release cds, for as far as I can tell
Wow, I didn't expect that.
My 2 copies of each are currently in transit.

Still sucks for NMH2, but it's still way cheaper than buying the NMH2 soundtrack from Japan. I own NMH1 from Japan already, but it's such a good soundtrack that I like double dipping.
What they did with the NMH2 is ridiculous in any case. I mean releasing it on CD and limited to 1000 copies, wtf were they thinking. That's so stupid.

Honestly I expected a 1 CD soundtrack from LRG with just a few songs.
I really don't get it why they didn't market it as a multi CD release. So weird.

When mine arrive, I can verify with the Japanese CDs.

Last edited by Jimi; Jul 9, 2021 at 11:59 AM.