VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 7, 2013, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the reply you two, but I didn't mean the glockenspiel.

The sound, in that song I linked, plays first time at 6-7 seconds. Again at 16-17 seconds.

Though I could have been more specific in my previous post. I think now it should be easier to tell what I mean, since the sound is like, very loud and ethnic sounding.

Still thanks.

Also, I believe in the game Rayman 3, some tracks use the old library Metamorphosis by Spectrasonics.
It's the drums, if I remember right.
I would need to look up which songs used them.
Old May 9, 2013, 04:08 PM

Hi Nisto. You seem to have vast knowledge regarding sample libraries, so I'm hoping you can solve something that has mystified me for a while now. There is a fairly popular sample that goes "To the beat of our hearts; we will do the dance of love." I've heard it in things other than game music, but it's also present in Get You Cornered from Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3, and in Beat Out from Rage of the Dragons (among other things, more than likely). I searched a little on Google, but only got verification that it's not a figment of my imagination, and no information on where it actually originates from. Would you happen to know, or be able to find out, where it comes from?
Old May 10, 2013, 12:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Sorry, I have no idea where it might be from. With sample libraries (at least for me) it's much like buying an album you've never even heard of, or know who worked on it; you never know what you're gonna find. You can only hope to recognize something you've heard in a track somewhere. Although of course, with some libraries it will be obvious if there are any vocals, maybe even what kind of vocals, but that's about it.

If I ever do come across that sample I will of course mention it here though. But I certainly don't have any "vast knowledge"; I've only been collecting samples for a few months now, and I skim through them.. when I have time. I'd like to think peronmls and Kosmos have much better knowledge than me regarding samples. They especially seem to have good insight on what libraries may be worth checking out (the SHH thread is proof of that).

EDIT: on another note, I found some vocal samples from Tricky Sliders in the demo for Bitmaster's "Rapsody Vocals II" And I think there's another one somewhere in there I can't quite place. I also found out on Sonic Retro's forums that there's some sample(s) from it used in Ollie King and Einhänder as well. This thread might be of interest for some as well: http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/9456

Last edited by Nisto; May 10, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:00 AM

Hey, that makes sense. If, while skimming sample libraries one day, you come across those lyrics and take the time to post the source here, then that's all I can really ask for. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2013, 07:02 AM

OKay I think I found a sample from The World Ends with You.

Its from a VST program called FM8 by Native Instruments
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...-samplers/fm8/

Its has the synth rhythms that plays in "Calling"

That sample is called "Rock Baby".

I played it up to a F#. It's mapped by pitch and not sample rate.

Here it is. Im 99% sure its the sample.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6b5b7r89ndyc0l8
Old May 30, 2013, 12:05 PM

Aha, I knew I'd heard the Symphony of Voices samples somewhere else before. They are in
STAR OCEAN Till the End of Time Original Soundtrack vol.1 [KDSD 00002-3]
Disc 2 track 12 - Interval of Frozen Time
I hear ALLELUBOY5 twice, and it sounds like AGNUS BOY1 is in there four times or so (sometimes it's a higher pitch than usual). You should listen to it to make sure I'm not wrong or didn't miss anything.

And I've probably heard those samples in still more places than that.
Old May 30, 2013, 01:32 PM

Booklet for the Heat Guy J OST gives credit to "Percussive Adventures Sound Library".
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

They credit a lot more than that actually It's the first I've seen, which kinda surprises me, because some companies actually require you to credit libraries you've used. I wonder how many more soundtracks there are that actually credits libraries... Well, I'll have to check out this soundtrack at some later point, as I don't have it available currently. I actually already have the Percussive Adventures library, too, so...

Mortavia: I verified the samples, and added those as well. Thanks for posting your finds. Regarding the pitch of AGNUS BOY1, I actually decided to check because I wasn't too sure if it was exactly that one myself. I'm quite certain it's exactly one semitone higher (at least if I check with Propellerheads Reason), so you're right, the pitch is higher.

peronmls: When I get my hands on that VST, I'll check it out.

Anyway, I've updated the first post with the latest samples found (both by me, and others). Sorry for going AWOL for a while; I've been busy (surprisingly) with a lot of "personal stuff" these past few weeks, so that's been taking away some time. Here is the latest stuff that I added to the first post:

Spoiler:

Killer Instinct
  • "Track 26" (sample 11) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in 05 "It's a Jungle"

Tekken 3 (PlayStation)
  • "110 Middle E" from "Zero-G: Total Hip hop" was used in 10 "Nina Williams"

ABANDONER
  • "Chambre" from "Sonic Mayhem: Noize Loops - Toxic Textures" was used in 11 "Nightmare III"
  • "Issolation" from "Sonic Mayhem: Noize Loops - Toxic Textures" was used in 11 "Nightmare III"

For you, as I saw you
  • "Acoustic Guitar 13" from "Sonic Foundry: Covert Diaspora" ("Rock-Funk" section) was used in 01 "five days"

Tekken Dark Resurrection
  • "Jungle Beat 14" from "Sonic Foundry: Covert Diaspora" ("Electronica" section) was used in 05 "Hiten"

Monster Hunter
  • "Mission Impossible" from "East West: Percussive Adventures" was used in 15 "大瀑布"

Front Mission: Gun Hazard
  • "FX 5" from "East West: Dance/Industrial" was used in 2.05 "CAVERN"
  • "FX 23" from "East West: Dance/Industrial" was used in 2.05 "CAVERN"

Perfect Blue
  • "Soul Pride 161" from "Zero-G: Jungle Warfare" was used in 05 "Virtua Mima"

Last edited by Nisto; Jun 20, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:42 AM

So yeah, I have discovered, that a certain amount of percussion samples from .HACK G.U. come from East West Percussive Adventures 2.

And I discovered it purely on accident.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

By the way I think Dance/Industrial II has the vocal sample used in "Deep Sea: Nulify threat" from Perfect Dark. It's called "60.6 VOCAL" (from partition D, volume 008 - on the Akai release, to be specific.) But I'm not 100% sure, so a second opinion would be nice.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:54 AM

While I was going through my sample library again I happened to notice the flute from Darkstalkers, so I added it to my list. I think I might have a few more things to add, but I need to double check later to confirm them.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:43 AM

Found a few sonic generation menu SFX from PSY-FX
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Woohoo, another Final Fantasy X sample!

FINAL FANTASY X
  • "WEEPING 3" from "Spectrasonics: Bizarre Guitar" was used in 2.10 "対峙"
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:37 AM

I had ripped all the instruments from twilight princess and heard a lot from Classical Choirs and Distorted Reality.

I also heard one from Siren Blood Curse. I cant find it at the moment but will update this post when i do.

Theres is a lot of sample in Twilight Princess that are in Voices of Istanbul and Voices of Native America. Will post the info soon sometime.

Last edited by peronmls; Jul 18, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I was listening to the first Spyro soundtrack today, and actually noticed that, the beginning of Stone Hill is actually the ICELAND 1 sample from Spectrasonics' Distorted Reality (aka the ambiance in "End" (or as some like to call it; Last/Final Day/Hours, etc...) from Majora's Mask).

Some more:

The Bouncer
  • "RETRO HIT1" from "Spectrasonics: Distorted Reality 2" was used in 2.11 "無月-崩壊-"

Resident Evil (Nintendo GameCube)
  • "MYST GLASS" from "Zero-G: Ambient" was used in 4.26 "Deception" (track number and title from the box) (0:04)

Last edited by Nisto; Jul 28, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 05:33 PM

I had recognized a brass stab from Street Fighter Alpha 3 some time ago, but never bothered to actually document the source. Now I've done so and added it to my list earlier in the thread. Also I think I have some drum samples from the CPS-1 versions of Street Fighter II, I'll go about documenting those soon.

EDIT: Said Street Fighter II samples have now been added to my list.

Last edited by felineki; Aug 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felineki View Post
I had recognized a brass stab from Street Fighter Alpha 3 some time ago, but never bothered to actually document the source. Now I've done so and added it to my list earlier in the thread. Also I think I have some drum samples from the CPS-1 versions of Street Fighter II, I'll go about documenting those soon.

EDIT: Said Street Fighter II samples have now been added to my list.
What library? and whats your thread?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 07:49 AM
VGMdb Advisor

You (most definitely) misread the post. He's basically saying he made a post previously in this thread. Here is that post: http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php...5&postcount=50
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:22 PM

Chikayo Fukuda's compositions for .Hack and Naruto games, seem to use the Prosamples Vol. 16 - Guitar and Bass library. Or any other rerelease of these samples.

I'm not 100% sure yet, but soon I'll be able to confirm. But it actually seems to be it.

In general, at least her .HACK G.U. and Link compositions seem to use a bit of the various Prosamples libraries.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharaxel View Post
Chikayo Fukuda's compositions for .Hack and Naruto games, seem to use the Prosamples Vol. 16 - Guitar and Bass library. Or any other rerelease of these samples.

I'm not 100% sure yet, but soon I'll be able to confirm. But it actually seems to be it.

In general, at least her .HACK G.U. and Link compositions seem to use a bit of the various Prosamples libraries.
Id look in the original CDs because they dont put all of the sample in the pro sample releases.
Also found more:
SOng Fire Temple
Sample CD: Ethnic Vol 1
Sample Name: Track 17
Those contain the Fire Temple percussion.

and Track 34
song: City in the Sky (TP)
Its the weird vocals you hear.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Great finds, peronmls! So the TP vocals was in there all the time.. I never expected that. I'll never settle for compilations or DLPs ever again.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Great finds, peronmls! So the TP vocals was in there all the time.. I never expected that. I'll never settle for compilations or DLPs ever again.
Yes me either. This is a 1991 very popular CD and im so glad I got it from ebay uk.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
VGMdb Advisor

So I think I found the drum loop that was used in "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" from OoT:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • "TRIP-HOPPI" from "Spectrasonics: Distorted Reality" was used in 42 "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly"

Last edited by Nisto; Aug 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:07 AM
VGMdb Advisor

ABANDONER
  • "BadDreams" from "Sonic Mayhem: Noize Loops - Toxic Textures" was used in 11 "Nightmare III"
  • "Apocallo" from "Sonic Mayhem: Noize Loops - Toxic Textures" was used in 11 "Nightmare III"

EDIT: I MAY have found another sample from Zelda TP; the background chorus of "Snow Mountain". The sample is called "MALE E3", from "Akai Sound Library Vol. 2".

Last edited by Nisto; Sep 2, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I found a sample from a library demo used in the first Monster Hunter soundtrack, but since I don't have the library itself I don't know what the sample is called. But here's the demo anyway.. http://www.samples-now.com/NewDemos/...urnFullMix.mp3

This is for a library called "Complete Celt" by AMG. In it, you can hear the sample from track 18 of "Monster Hunter Soundtrack Book".

Last edited by Nisto; Aug 26, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:20 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Tekken 3 (PlayStation)
  • "Urt Realm" from "Rarefaction: A Poke in the Ear with a Sharp Stick" was used in 16 "Gun Jack" (2:09)
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:19 AM

"Welcome Prism" (sorry, no link) from Technictix contains two samples that I've heard elsewhere: Front Mission 3 - Base Invasion (the high whistling synth starting at 0:07) & Mega Man Zero 2 - Ice Brain (the sample that kicks in right away, which I'm pretty sure I've heard in another VG track or two as well)

Anyone know where these are from?

Also, how about those synth toms that SuperSweep has used a lot (among other artists)? It has a very distinct sound to it.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 05:11 PM
VGMdb Advisor

More from Monster Hunter...

Monster Hunter
  • "The High Plains Might Ring" from "Sonic Foundry: Pandora's Toolbox" was used in 11 "霧の向こうへ" (2:11)
  • "Gravity Borne, Gravity Bound" from "Sonic Foundry: Pandora's Toolbox" was used in 15 "大瀑布" (0:24)

Last edited by Nisto; Sep 2, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 02:09 AM

Remembered that I had previously noticed that the crash cymbal in the arcade version of Turtles in Time was from the Roland TR-707 drum machine. Added it to my list.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:21 AM

Just happened to listen to Capcom VS. SNK 2's London stage theme (This Is True Love Makin') and just about did a double take when the guitar started up. I knew I had heard it in in one of the E-MU libraries. So I looked and sure enough, there it was in the Planet Phatt library. Added the two samples to my list.