VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
Trusted Editor

Sega Retro has the credits to this, and they also include Keisuke Tsukahara, Sachio Ogawa, Izuho Numata, Yoshimi Hishida, and Shouko Ogawa for music.
Old May 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I, uh... what? I swear I checked for credits for this game for the longest time and came to the conclusion that the game didn't have a staff roll, but nope people listed right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtLWWYRKhE#t=5m42.

I guess I'm really just super incompetent, gosh. ;__;

"BOSANOVA.PEZ" is surely Masaru Setsumaru, since that's the only unclaimed alias who did both music and SFX. So that means that Senoue wasn't credited?
Old May 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Trusted Editor

Yep, seems like it. Makes you wonder how many other games had music by an uncredited artist. (I just found out some of Decap Attack's music was done by Hiroto Kanno, when the credits simply list "Tamachan" aka Fumito Tamayama. And also Ristar before that boxset was released)

And yes, that's Masaru Setsumaru. He used BOSSANOVA.OYZ for Sonic Eraser, and OYZ was/is his main alias.

Last edited by dissident93; May 26, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I looked a little bit into those two apparently non-Sega composers, Yoshimi Hishida and Shouko Ogawa.

Yoshimi Hishida => 菱田 吉美?
Credited here: http://vgmdb.net/album/23294
Profile: http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~music-fr/credit/credit.html
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/esiecrew
Facebook bio says he has composed for video games, but he doesn't claim anywhere that he worked on Dark Wizard. Seems pretty likely it's him though.

Shouko Ogawa => 小川 尚子? (Naoko Ogawa???)
菱田 吉美 and 小川 尚子 both wrote music for the film The Triple Cross: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/いつかギラギラする日
尚子 is readable as both Shouko and Naoko; maybe her name is misspelled in Dark Wizard? Or maybe they're just two people with the same name.
Old May 26, 2012, 04:47 PM
Trusted Editor

Yea, that's Yoshimi's Facebook for sure. I've never gotten around to asking him about Dark Wizard, though. I'll create a VGMDB page for him now.

No clue about Shouko though.
Old May 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Nice, thanks.

I removed the Twitter account and a couple of the links from Hishida's profile, since they're for ESIE, a singer that Hishida produces.
Old May 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
Trusted Editor

ohh, I thought it was an alias for him.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:46 AM

Lately, Senoue confirmed what he done for Dark Wizard. He told me in a tweet he only made the medley for the staff roll.

Yet, I'm confused. I listened to the VGM pack and the credits theme isn't a medley. That track sounds like it was composed by Tsukahara, based on the drums (he frequently used the same drums in the early 90's).

Last edited by drdevilfx; Feb 9, 2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: It's been moved now
Old Feb 9, 2016, 04:05 PM
Trusted Editor

The game also includes a few pieces of streamed music, which the VGM set lacks, so it's probably in there. But it's nice to know his involvement, which now means Sonic 3 was the first game he wrote original music for.