VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default MASSIVE Dragon Quest reprint run?

Child of Eve has put listings of like, *every* Dragon Quest album in the history of the universe, being reprinted through King Records (KICA) and a new Sugi-label of King (KICC). It's up on GMR, but I haven't seen any updates on vgmdb.

Where is this coming from? What's the deal? This seems like a pretty HUGE reprint run...

Ramza
Old May 21, 2009, 02:12 PM

Amazon.co.jp also lists plenty of reprinted DQ soundtracks from King Records, so it's true.
Old May 21, 2009, 02:40 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Before adding the albums to the database, we should perhaps make sure they are reprints and not new recordings or whatsoever?
Old May 21, 2009, 03:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

They're naming brass quintets, piano collections, and all manner of obscure old stuff. I'm sure these are reprints.

Except for DQIX OST, which is a new album, and has also been listed. It's an "original soundtrack and synthesizer suite." OLDSCHOOL.
Old May 29, 2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
They're naming brass quintets, piano collections, and all manner of obscure old stuff. I'm sure these are reprints.

Except for DQIX OST, which is a new album, and has also been listed. It's an "original soundtrack and synthesizer suite." OLDSCHOOL.
Anything and everything named "synthesizer suite" is made of pure awesome and will forever be in my "oh my god why don't I have this!?"-list.