VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 27, 2018, 03:52 PM

Default "1300 A.D. World Map" - composition using the Chrono Trigger soundfont

1300 A.D. World Map

I composed this using the CT soundfont. As the title suggests, it's intended as a world map theme. The inspiration is "Chrono Trigger 2", where the story expands to include unexplored time periods.

What things do you imagine when you listen to it?
Old May 1, 2018, 08:52 AM

Now this is my kind of thread. I love the current trend for making original music using ripped game samples, it leads to some really exciting music - including this. I like it a lot! It captures the mood of Chrono Trigger pretty well.

There are a few places on Discord where this kinda thing goes down well - are you using that I wonder? (apparently even VGMdb has one unofficially now.)
Old May 7, 2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Now this is my kind of thread. I love the current trend for making original music using ripped game samples, it leads to some really exciting music - including this. I like it a lot! It captures the mood of Chrono Trigger pretty well.
Thanks! Messing around with soundfonts, including some you have made, is pretty fun. The instrument samples themselves are inspiring in ways that are different from modern VSTs. And they're quicker and easier to load and manipulate.

Quote:
There are a few places on Discord where this kinda thing goes down well - are you using that I wonder? (apparently even VGMdb has one unofficially now.)
I am now! Thanks for the tip