VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 14, 2019, 08:16 PM

If someone wouldn't mind translating the following track title, it would be marvelous:

ついに登場『ロストカラーズ』新バージョン「うどんホワイト」と「煮汁ブラック」出現率が違う2本のソフト で互いのうどんを交換目指せ全151種類コンプリート

I kind of understand more or less what it says but it's late, and I wouldn't be able to turn it really well anyway.
It's the only thing that's missing to make the "English" tracklist, so if anybody could help, it would be really appreciated!

EDIT: Also, if a mod can add the link towards Takeshi Washizaki's page ( https://vgmdb.net/artist/22281 ) as I don't know how to to do. Thanks~

Last edited by trypetide; Jul 12, 2021 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 14, 2019, 09:11 PM

I have little context for what this game is, but I'm assuming the track title here is a Pokemon joke. I gave it my best shot:

"Introducing the new Lost Colors: Udon White and Broth Black Versions! Trade between the two games to collect all 151 varieties of udon!"

Last edited by Aifread; May 14, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 15, 2019, 04:12 AM

Heya~

Here's some context of sort.
https://www.wikizero.com/ja/%E3%83%A...83%BC%E3%82%BA

And the only discussion where the LOSTCOLORS and UDON were mentioned I've found XD
http://archive.2ch-ranking.net/game/1268030803.html

As for the "games" part, it's interesting as it's obviously a Pokemanz reference of sort (it's a game from 2004 after all). But LOSTCOLORS is all too obscure of a game to really grasp the thing...
I was more looking into the "Udon" thing: at least one of the characters seems to love eating Udon, and a second one can be seen with some noodles in her hand on the cover, so at first I was thinking that the "SOFT" part of the title could be a reference to the type of cooking preparation for Udon...? But maybe I'm stretching too far on that.

We'll see if somebody else has anything more to say, but if nobody's contesting your version, I'm fine with it.

Though I'm not sure if it's indeed something that could be said in the context of the game.

Thanks, Aifread =]

Last edited by trypetide; Jul 12, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old May 15, 2019, 07:25 AM

ソフト just means software (usually games). I've never heard it in the context of noodles. Besides, soft, overcooked noodles are never a good thing.
Old May 15, 2019, 07:41 AM

Hey, some like them that way!!

But I guess there are fat chances that you're right on track.
Until someone jumps in to state otherwise, I'll make the english tracklist with it then~