VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 13, 2021, 05:38 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm glad to add this album which is quite simply one of the hard rock / heavy metal masterpieces of the 80s for me! It’s no coincidence that this album has been reissued several times, it’s in high demand. Steffanie Borges has an amazing powerful voice (and also one of the most amazing hairstyles of the time!). Born in the United States and daughter of a Hawaiian singer, Steffanie Borges has a perfect command of English.
We can also mention the presence of brilliant composers Joey Carbone and Richie Zito in several songs. And how can we not notice in the credits the incredible number of brilliant musicians who make the instrumentation of the album remarkable?: Masanori Sasaji, Junko Miyagi, Norio Sakai, Kenji Kitajima, Takayuki Hijikata, Soul Toul… they are all full of talent.
Compared to my tastes this album is not far from absolute perfection and it goes without saying that I absolutely recommend it if you like hard rock. Steffanie will also release a second album "Pink Noise" in 1986, but it will not be as good / energizing as the first one.
In short, if there were only one left, it would be "Hideaway", a legendary album.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 13, 2021 at 06:40 PM.