VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 10, 2022, 06:44 AM

I'll add my tracklist later if no one else wants to. But it takes some time with this beast box ...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 05:15 AM

They didn't perchance convert the USF set, delete some tracks and slap them on the disc with some reverb? I remember the vanilla Castlevania 64 USF set missing some instrument channels ("Intrusion", for example). Dunno about Legacy of Darkness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear
What's mostly suck for me is the first half of Disc 8, the Legacy of Darkness soundtrack, which was released for the first time (and even got promoted by Konami on the shop's page) - it's totally out of chronological order, like they threw the tracks just onto that disc without thinking, plus, it even misses some tracks (the new "Maze Garden" theme for example or the "Title Demo" for the chase scene before the title screen) or tracks are even incomplete (listen to "Outer Wall" (8-02), which had this cool drum loop sample in the game, which isn't present here and it cuts off rather strangely with this wind like noise. Also "Maze Garden Explanation" (8-23) seems to miss the high strings. In general, most of these tracks fade out rather abruptly.
BUT, compared to some USF rips, the "Introduction" cue (which is pretty cool in my opinion, especially the first half), is COMPLETE with that chant/chorus/voice sample, which is omitted in the game rips for whatever reason.
This might be a better place to reply than the Aka thread.

As far as I know, unoptimized USF sets can have instrument channels missing or a few milliseconds cut off at the start of a song.

As for the CD, how does 8-23 Maze Garden Explanation sound? The USF track 038 "Innocent Child" had the bass strings missing. Strangely enough, someone managed to post the complete song as "Henry Oldrey's Theme" in 2013 without the sound effects heard in the game. I have no idea how they accomplished that. Maybe they stitched it together from three different tracks in the USF set? 034 "Master Oldrey" and 062 "Ada" feature a reprise of the theme. If the CD has it intact, then that would confirm that they at least put in SOME effort. Or it really is a YouTube rip, after all.