VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:23 PM

The TV size of this track hasn't been released separately outside of this digital single, so I thought it might be worth adding it. Not sure if there are any special guidelines against this or anything, but I've added it for the moment.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Don't really think this should have a separate entry since we already have the full single.

There are a lot of tv-size themes that only get released digitally (most of the time as a preview before the single itself) and it'd be a mess if we submitted them all. A link to the tv-size version in the single is enough.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:30 AM

I was saying that there is no TV Size version in the full single. The TV Size version of this was only ever released separately to the full single, with a unique album art, catalog number and everything.

If the song was in the full single I wouldn't have bothered adding this.

I could be misinterpreting what you're saying though. I think you might be saying "a link to the tv size version in the single" as in the "available at" section on the entry, which makes sense. I'm not entirely sure which it is, haha.

Last edited by MBgov1133; Feb 14, 2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Got that, that's why I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
There are a lot of tv-size themes that only get released digitally (most of the time as a preview before the single itself) and it'd be a mess if we submitted them all. A link to the tv-size version in the single is enough.
A lot of digital singles have slightly different tracklists (missing tracks, adding instrumentals not in the physical ones, or tv-size when they're not in the single like in this case), I just don't think it's worth having an additional entry when we can just put a link to the digital stuff in the single if the differences are so minimal.
EDIT: and yes, I mean adding the link in the "Available at" section. We usually name them "iTunes (Digital)" for normal ones, I guess we could name this "iTunes (Digital tv-size)" or something like that.

If they have a new song altogether, that's another matter and we can definitely have a new entry for them.

Last edited by Illidan; Feb 14, 2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:41 AM

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.