VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 27, 2009, 01:20 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I rejected an edit that changed Gerudo to Gerudos.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Gerudo
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Should the title of this entry really include 'Soundtrack of Time' and 'Nintendo Soundtrack Serie:'?

Sure, if it's not there, you'd get the feeling that this is some sort of reprint of the Pony Canyon release, but 'Nintendo Soundtrack Serie' is only printed on the tray, and the 'Soundtrack of Time' text seems to be some sort of header for the text which is on the back cover. And the front actually do have the text 'The Original The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Soundtrack', which leads me to believe that the 'proper' display title should be "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: The Original The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Soundtrack".

Looks kind of silly when having "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time" twice in the title though, LOL.

Last edited by Nisto; Jul 21, 2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:03 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think the front just puts giant logos and texts to catch your attention and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Going with the spine it just should be "The Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time Original Soundtrack". The disc also has "The Original The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Soundtrack" (without the big logo) which is also in the front, that could be an alternate.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:38 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Yeah that subtitle looks weird and should be removed.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:51 PM

What exactly has Acoustic Department to do with this release? It's not mentioned anywhere in the artwork, and there's no track on it that sounds anything like those usual "Acoustic Department"-remixes - just music straight from the game.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think that credit may've been somehow mixed up with http://vgmdb.net/album/6374

Edit: In the edit history of the entry, I can see that this was once in the notes: "Remixes at Vol. II by Acoustic Department", so I'm removing the arranger credit from the entry.

Last edited by Nisto; May 9, 2011 at 02:42 PM.