VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:09 AM

Artist info source.

http://web.archive.org/web/200607110...nia/index.html

By the way, I don't know why the lyricist 霊岳 was previously romanized as Yuuta Tamaoka since his given name (Yuuta) is a mistery.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9C%8A%E5%B2%B3

Nevermind, I've found his complete name: http://anison.info/data/person/18538.html (霊岳雄太)

Last edited by isdapi; Mar 19, 2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 08:57 PM

I became acquainted with S.S.H.'s Lost Child albums (Side-A and Side-B, as they're called) on a random discovery of them quite a while back. It was probably coincidentally around when they came out. They were the only "Lost Child" game albums I'd ever known (whatever "Lost Child" even is) until very recently, when I checked this out. There's something terrific about this music, but it's very different from S.S.H.'s stuff.

Can anyone that knows about this game tell me where all this stuff comes from? Are both S.S.H.'s stuff and this stuff all part of the game's original soundtrack? Whenever I search Infinia, I get this soundtrack and not some other game, no matter what (so it seems "Infinia" is just a creative title for this soundtrack). This entry tells me that the product this represents is also simply "Lost Child". And I have no idea how to go about getting the game, since I never play things that aren't in English, or even deal with many Japanese sites.

I'm done some searches, but don't come up with much, and I'm interested in this. It's great music!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Can anyone that knows about this game tell me where all this stuff comes from? Are both S.S.H.'s stuff and this stuff all part of the game's original soundtrack?
As a self-proclaimed* S.S.H. (and S.S.H. related things such as this album) expert, I think it's only appropriate that I be the one that answers your queries. As far as I'm concerned, he can do no musical wrong, and anything he touches turns to gold (or should that be "turns to a heavy rock"?). Like you, I first discovered S.S.H. from Lost Child Side-A and Side-B after it was released by a certain popular release group in 2003 (I think). I checked his website and since then, I've been actively following him. In fact, some of his free publicly released mp3s would have disappeared from the Internet if I wasn't there to save it. Anyway, enough about me.

Lost Child is a visual/digital novel game for the PC. Normally, I don't care much for those, but S.S.H. (and kt2) are involved, so I make an exception here. The art, voice acting and overall production values seem to be above average too, so that helps. Lost Child appears to be unique in the sense that unlike most other games of its type (text adventures), it contains RPG-style battles.

Finally, the music. From memory, most or all of the music by kt2/Soshi Hosoi from the Lost Child Infinia album is played in the non-battle sections of the game. The music by S.S.H. is played in all of the battles and a few other parts such as some menu selection screens. The game's official webpage is, or to be more precise, was http://www.tama-soft.com/products/lost_child/index.html but it's not online anymore for some reason. Also, romaji is kind of useless for searching information on obscure Japanese products.

Actually, this is the first time I claimed to be one.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:02 AM

No offense against SSH, but I love kt2's stuff way more. I mean I also enjoy SSH, but I think that those who have heard the "Original Sound Track" CDs for Lost Child containing SSH's music should also give Infinia (which really is just another original soundtrack release) a try as well. kt2 is awesome. And well, hosplug's good too.

This is a stellar release, I think overlooked, unfortunately.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 03:01 PM

Ah, thanks for the info layzee! I've only played a couple visual novel games and they were, like you said, text adventures... and we'll use the term "adventure" lightly here. So this music is from the game as well... very interesting.

S.S.H. sure can play, but I'm not quite sure how much I like his arrangements. I feel that there are a couple that are really worth hearing, and then all the rest of it is just mediocre. I loved the Lost Child soundtracks he put out, but his game rearrangements strike me as kind of... generic. I dunno :P

kt2 is definitely my favorite of the two artists here, and there are some really standout tracks, but I wouldn't say I like this more than what S.S.H. contributed to Lost Child - it's all so good.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 03:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I never cared that much for the S.S.H. music, but the kt2 and Soshi Hosoi stuff is amazing. Now that we know the S.S.H. stuff was used for the battles, it makes more sense.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 04:48 PM

Meh, I must be the only one who hates this soundtrack. I find it extremely dull and boring...but I'll still keep it. The only song that I do enjoy listening to is "Amitto" from Disc 1. I just perfer S.S.H.'s synth metal/rock much much more.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Perhaps the titles here could use some renaming?

As far as I can see, the album does have a full Japanese title: ロストチャイルド オリジナルサウンドトラック インフィニア (Lost Child Original Soundtrack Infinia). As far as I can see, this is printed on the back cover, both sides of the obi and even the discs at the bottom (http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=154956). I know HOBiRECORDS homepage have it as just "LOST CHILD インフィニア", but I've seen many cases where the titles on the publisher sites actually differ from the titles on the covers.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Bump. Some input would be nice.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'd say go ahead with the full title, as written on the package.

Though for the record iTunes also uses the short name.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:41 AM

I would suggest to use the full Japanese title ロストチャイルド オリジナルサウンドトラック インフィニア in line 4: others.

While the back cover's info is important, the front cover is like a face of an album and probably should be superior. Plus all official sources as well as the artists themselves (Soshi Hosoi, kt2) refer to the album as "Lost Child Infinia".
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:29 PM

I know most people would cite No Reality or Abandoner as their favorite, but I have to say kt2's side of this album just speaks to me. It's hard to put into words, but the reverb-drenched acoustic guitars, minimalistic motifs, and general soft, oddly comforting melancholic tone resonates with me more and more on each listen.
If No Reality and Abandoner are "city life" melancholy, this is more like "small town in the middle of nowhere" melancholy.
Of course, I have to also mention the more eerie songs, reminiscent of the "Nightmare" tracks from Abandoner. I'm curious about just what the plots are for the games kt2 worked on, that inspired such somber, sometimes downright gut-wrenching music.

Last edited by InsertDankMemeHere; Oct 1, 2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDankMemeHere View Post
I know most people would cite No Reality or Abandoner as their favorite
Really? That would be news to me. I think this album's brilliant. That's not to say I don't like the others, but this one just has the most tracks by kt2 that I enjoy, as well as some of the ones I enjoy the most.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 04:16 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added images for this one: case front, case back, back, booklet (front, back, pages), disc 1, disc 2, Obi.