VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 14, 2015, 05:53 AM

Default Solaris Japan links in album pages

Not sure who's adding those? Are they sponsored by VGMdb?

Most of the time the album's not even available, and when it is, well just look at the website, it's more of a middleman thing where prices are not confirmed, and seem to be Amazon-esque at times.

I wonder they should be removed or the person adding them can explain?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 01:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

They appear to have executed a script to add them all here. They only did it that one time (and added about 5k at once.) I don't have a problem with it, since we would have allowed them all to be added manually.

If it turns out that Solaris is a questionable business though, then we can remove them.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 09:45 PM

Are you sure about that? I've bought quite a few soundtracks from Solaris myself recently and each soundtrack so far has been available and in stock, the only real issue has been on the ENG site the currency switches to Japanese Yen instead of English currency (which it shows when I first log in) which means I have to send money to my Paypal to have it convert the money instead of just directing the cash directly from my bank.

Other Than that I've had no problems so far.

Edit: I can't speak about their other products but their soundtracks and sales there-of seem to be on the up and up. Prices going up and down may be based on stock available (supply demand and rarity increases of a soundtrack isn't too odd for sites to then increase the price from what it was originally. Otaku republic reminds me of such a site.)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:39 PM

Default Explanation

We contacted vgmdb twice about wanting to be added to the link section, but after waiting a total of 4 weeks without reply, we started looking around and noticed that it was possible to add links manually.

Since none of the other sites used affiliate links, we assumed that the site owners added the links themselves and decided to do so as well.
If there is anything else we need to do, please let us know and we will be more than happy to comply.

About the stock: We would prefer to delete links whenever an item is sold out, so users are not lead on our site just to be disappointed. Unfortunately, we were not able to find a way to delete links.

About the currency: Since our business is in Japan our base currency is in Yen. While we could change the currency to a different one, it would still result in the same situation for everyone who is not living in the country of the chosen currency.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 04:05 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarisJapan View Post
About the stock: We would prefer to delete links whenever an item is sold out, so users are not lead on our site just to be disappointed. Unfortunately, we were not able to find a way to delete links.
You can tick the "OOP" box instead. Your link will be grayed out and indicate it's no longer available. If you get the item up for sale again, you can just untick the box.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
You can tick the "OOP" box instead. Your link will be grayed out and indicate it's no longer available. If you get the item up for sale again, you can just untick the box.
We missed out that one.
We will write an updater that sets the OOP boxes accordingly! Thanks