VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor

LE Enclosure? NOOO!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 04:48 AM

When I first read about this, I wondered how on earth it was even possible to arrange anything from the first Drakengard in 8-bit style.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:08 AM

Same. I'm very intrigued now.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 05:13 PM

Are they primarily marketing Drakengard 3 as the "made by the Nier Team game?" Why does the freaking cover of this Drakengard 3 slipcase have Weiss and Replicant on it? Is that even Replicant, or a costume option for a character? Whats going on??
Old Oct 11, 2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
Are they primarily marketing Drakengard 3 as the "made by the Nier Team game?" Why does the freaking cover of this Drakengard 3 slipcase have Weiss and Replicant on it? Is that even Replicant, or a costume option for a character? Whats going on??
It doesn't matter, as long as they're liked in some way it's fucking awesome!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
There's going to be some other direct connections from Drakengard 3 to NieR Gestalt/RepliCant but they've said that they can't discuss what exactly at the current time other than it's there - that said, there's been leaks from early shipped guidebooks but I haven't read them as I don't want to spoil the game for myself (I've got the 10th Anniversary Box pre-ordered already, am currently tossing back and forth on the Drakengard US pre-order given that it's only via their store and deals with Digital River).

That and there's also going to be an enclosed Kaine costume for Zero. I currently don't know what DLC code is being enclosed with the official Japanese guidebook at the moment so that could possibly be another costume or weapon chosen from the earlier Dengenki Online poll.

There's also some other pieces regarding connections to NieR as well with the "Inside the World of Drakengard" book which is including timelines, development info, interviews and so-on so it'll probably cover quite a few references and outright links to all of the titles within the series.

I haven't read or heard any other confirmed info outside of that at the current time but given both the promotional manga serialization, talk of a digital comic/graphic novel for people to read - it should possibly clear up and explain links between the games to make it a little easier for players new to the series to understand what the hell is going on with certain things.

Or at least, one would think or hope given the effort to provide content per title in the 10th anniversary box...
Old Dec 23, 2013, 08:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Anyone have a chance to listen to this album yet? That Japanese LE was *far* too rich for my blood, but I'm going to be on the Y!J Auctions hunt to see if anyone will sell this album separately.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Anyone have a chance to listen to this album yet? That Japanese LE was *far* too rich for my blood, but I'm going to be on the Y!J Auctions hunt to see if anyone will sell this album separately.
I haven't gotten a chance to yet - headaches, disappointingly enough. I have seen some copies up on Y! Japan Auctions but they've been getting snapped up quickly.

Once I get a chance, I'll be doing an unboxing and will be including samples of the tracks and I'll also be putting up scans from the boxset too so that will be covered.

With the Chips + History Films blu-ray, should I include a scan of the blu-ray disc or just the actual arranged CD?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 09:54 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Just the CD I think.

Unless like, the case that the CD comes in is the same case that the bluray came in. Then I suppose do all the packaging surrounding the CD itself.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, just the CD. Also the printed material related only to the CD (like credits, tracklist etc.). Nothing more than that. And yeah if it shares the case or not that's prolly good too.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 02:12 PM

The CD is in the same case that the "Drag-on Dragoon History Films" is in, the Drag-on Dragoon Chips CD is on the left-hand side of the case and there's a loose little booklet with it.

I just wasn't sure if things that were bundled with CDs in the same case were needed or not in contrast to something like the Persona Music Live concert LE versions with the CDs and DVDs of the concerts. The History Films also has some further arrangements but they weren't released in the CD and I'll be putting together a list of whatever bonus tracks I can recognize off the CD.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enetirnel View Post
There's going to be some other direct connections from Drakengard 3 to NieR Gestalt/RepliCant but they've said that they can't discuss what exactly at the current time other than it's there - that said, there's been leaks from early shipped guidebooks but I haven't read them as I don't want to spoil the game for myself (I've got the 10th Anniversary Box pre-ordered already, am currently tossing back and forth on the Drakengard US pre-order given that it's only via their store and deals with Digital River).
Oooh, yeah, be careful with spoilers. Those who have already played the game could answer these questions for you...but it's probably best to stay away from them if you want to fully enjoy the story. I'm a complete spoiler whore sometimes, but somehow I still managed to remain relatively spoiler-free before playing the game.

Quote:
That and there's also going to be an enclosed Kaine costume for Zero. I currently don't know what DLC code is being enclosed with the official Japanese guidebook at the moment so that could possibly be another costume or weapon chosen from the earlier Dengenki Online poll.
There've been several (a total of 9 now, I believe) DLCs for DOD3 so far. The DLC code that comes with the 10th Anniversary Box was Kaine's costume. The one from the Official First Guide was Caim's costume. The rest are downloadable DLCs via PSN, which include Furiae, Eris, and Manah costumes, 2 funny hats for Mikhail (Tokyo Tower & a Watchers head), and BGM sets from both Nier and DOD1. I took a bunch of photos from the game of these DLCs if you'd like to see them, here: drakengard-3.com/gallery

Quote:
There's also some other pieces regarding connections to NieR as well with the "Inside the World of Drakengard" book which is including timelines, development info, interviews and so-on so it'll probably cover quite a few references and outright links to all of the titles within the series.

I haven't read or heard any other confirmed info outside of that at the current time but given both the promotional manga serialization, talk of a digital comic/graphic novel for people to read - it should possibly clear up and explain links between the games to make it a little easier for players new to the series to understand what the hell is going on with certain things.

Or at least, one would think or hope given the effort to provide content per title in the 10th anniversary box...
heehee But this is Yoko Taro we're talking about here. Given all the alternative endings to each of the previous games, Nier included, it's really difficult to understand exactly WHICH timeline is the correct one. You can see how things are supposed to be connected (there's a nice image that someone made on Deviant Art; I'd have to find the link, though), but still exceptions can be made and new timelines created...endlessly! It's a pretty darn good idea to keep the series going! xD
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:25 AM

I've just put some scans up of this, the History Films blu-ray is relevant as it also includes a little retro demake of the opening of Drag-on Dragoon/Drakengard which features the Drag-on Dragoon Chips Music arrangements in it.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 06:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

So I just noticed we have Drakengard 3 as a "products represented." But even though this came with DOD3 LE in Japan, none of the actual music is from DOD3. Okay to cut it from list of products represented?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 05:21 AM
VGMdb Staff

I believe the represented products should be what's musically represented so if you're sure there are no Drakengard 3 tracks, remove it.

The notes do lack the track origins specifics (which track is from which game), would be nice to add some as well.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
I believe the represented products should be what's musically represented so if you're sure there are no Drakengard 3 tracks, remove it.

The notes do lack the track origins specifics (which track is from which game), would be nice to add some as well.
done and done. Thanks for the guidance Ef!