VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 12, 2011, 05:38 AM
Trusted Editor

I bought two CDs from Chudah.
She put them on hold for me for quite a while, was always fast to respond, asked a fair price and used safe packaging. CDs received today, and I'm totally satisfied. May come back for more.
Old May 12, 2011, 06:54 AM
Trusted Editor

Not to downplay the effectiveness of this thread but I find it much more useful if people post on the actual persons profile wall with positive/negative transaction comments. My first inclination when dealing with an unknown seller or buyer is to check their profile, so seeing something on their wall that says successful transaction is a lot lore convenient than having to read through these 3+ pages (and growing).

See my profile for an examPle, I'm asking that people I interact with post there instead of here. It's worth consideration
Old May 18, 2011, 05:34 PM

I think a good alternative is, while the thread is relatively small (and growing slowly), for someone to go through all the pages (and periodically in the future), collect all the seller and/or buyer user names, count all the feedback, and edit all the information into the first post of this thread. Most forums with a marketplace but without a dedicated feedback forum or feedback system (due to relatively lower amounts of activity) do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
My first inclination when dealing with an unknown seller or buyer is to check their profile, so seeing something on their wall that says successful transaction is a lot lore convenient than having to read through these 3+ pages (and growing).
The above suggestion that takes care of the "wading through the thread" problem for everybody (i.e. one person does it so everyone else doesn't have to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
See my profile for an examPle, I'm asking that people I interact with post there instead of here. It's worth consideration
Your suggestion is also not unreasonable but a point worth considering is that user profiles can only be viewed by existing members. Not sure if it happens in reality but it may be possible for potential buyers who are not registered to find a soundtrack they want (the marketplace section is open to the public) but want to check the seller's feedback (user profiles not open to public) before committing to the purchase or before committing to opening an account. Of course, they'll need to open an account anyway to communicate with the seller (unless the seller lists his/her e-mail) but again, it's a point to consider.

But leaving feedback is voluntary anyway so feel free to post on my profile instead if you prefer!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:39 AM

Bought Crossfire Barrage (20 USD) and Shinya (25 USD) from Jodo Kast on August 9, 2011.
Received the items this weekend (most likely Saturday, the one day I wasn't at home). Pretty reasonable prices. Shipping was cheap (3 USD!) and the package came before the claimed "early next week" timeframe. Items arrived as described, mint with obi, carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and mailed in a bubble-lined envelope.
Recommended!

Bought Phantasmagoria Mystical Expectation (12 USD) and Touhou Hardcore Night (12 USD) from Carl on August 17, 2011.
4 USD for shipping. Hell, he even rushed it down to the post office after I paid in the afternoon. Extremely low prices on the doujin stuff, also.
The goods came in a box, with the albums themselves in a sleeve of good old bubble wrap. Albums came with obi, and both were carefully slipped into the plastic that originally sealed the album.
Recommended!

Bought Guilty Gear XX Original Soundtrack (20 USD) from Crash on August 22, 2011.
Shipping was $2, came in great condition, bubble wrap, you know the deal by now.
Recommended!

Last edited by Keith; Aug 25, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:53 PM

I have bought from:

Chudah - Such an easy person to contact about buying stuff. She makes everything easy and was my first (and second) marketplace seller. Her prices are amazing - LE Promo items for like $10. Couldn't recommend her enough.

Xenofan 29A - Supplied me with numerous pictures of the contents and put the soundtrack on hold for me. $40 for a classic OOP 4-disc Digicube soundtrack (who doesn't love Tales of Symphonia?) is crazy IMO, everything was there and in mint condition too. Would totally buy from him again.

the_miker - Excellent price for the soundtrack and the shipping, which includes delivery confirmation & tracking. Supplied a picture and was timely in getting it shipped. Very smooth.

Last edited by Hellacia; Jan 6, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:44 PM

I bought an album from Jodo Kast. Communication was great. The item was well packaged and shipped quickly. Everything went smoothly.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:59 PM

I bought an album from Hellacia. Everything worked out great, and the package arrived in no time at all.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:26 PM

Positive feedback:
I bought a CD from Rimo - great communication, fast shipping to Europe, perfect packaging, excellent.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:20 AM

Got my package from Princess-Isabela. Everything went smoothly and I have no complaints on my end.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 06:15 PM

Bought yet again from Xenofan 29A. Great price, fast shipping, and put it on hold through the whole holiday season, until I had the funds to buy it. Honestly can't recommend him enough, this guy's a great seller.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
Trusted Editor

Purchased CPCA-10179 from the_miker for a very cheap price. Communication went smoothly and I received a well packaged album. No complaints!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:17 PM

Bought an album from Idolores. Everything went well, and it was very well packed.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 05:34 PM

Bought soundtrack(s) from both Idolores and Princess-Isabela. Speedy delivery and great service (packaging + condition). I know there are other members I bought lost track of them in my messages. I'll edit you into this post once I find the names. Thanks again for the service you two!
Old May 2, 2012, 02:03 AM

Bought a CD from seanne. Nice packaging, sent fast, smooth communication, item as described, fair price. Thanks dude.
Old May 22, 2012, 07:48 PM

Bought 6 CDs from Princess-Isabela. Top notch transection overall, quick customer service
Quick dispatch of the package and nice packaging, items as described. A+
Old Jun 9, 2012, 09:56 AM

Bought another album from Idolores. Everything went well, as usual.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:27 PM

Bought Kamiwaza Original Audio Collection in mint condition from Carl. Quick reply and a smooth transaction. Nice packaging. Recommended. A+
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:23 PM

Bought the following CDs from Nisto:

Transaction went very smoothly and the packaging was nice and snug on arrival. CD cases and discs were in immaculate condition as well. I'd buy from Nisto again if he[listed on his Sale List] some more soundtracks...if they catch my eye that is.

Last edited by Rhythmroo; Jun 26, 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Change in Brackets because of word confusion ;)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Can't recommend Rhythmroo enough as a buyer. I offered him some of these for free because no one seemed to want them, but he sent me the listed prices anyway. If you have something on his wish list for sale, don't hesitate to offer him it
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:48 AM

Bought the following CDs from dancey:

Smooth transaction! The package arrived with its contents (CD + CD case) in immaculate condition; couldn't ask for anything better. If there was any previous hesitations from buying something from this user in the past, cast aside such things at the front door, because dancey delivers.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:31 PM

Bought the following CDs from Idolores:

And The Following CDs from Princess-Isabela

Some posts ago I said I would list the info on an earlier transaction, and there it is! All but the Depth Fantasia were bought at an earlier time, but the condition for each of the CDs and their package were unanimously immaculate upon arrival. My thanks to PI and Idolres for your awesome service! :3

Now to search for Growlanser 3 OST...someone should sell me their copy.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:56 PM
Trusted Editor

It's the third time I bought something from Princess-Isabela and everything went smooth. Fast response from her (!) to all my anal questions (), nice contact, items in great condition and fast shipping. Buy with confidence!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:20 PM

I bought the FFV OSV from layzee, and it arrived here very quickly and in great shape. The price was great, and the album was packed extremely well. I'm a very happy dude. Thank you very much, layzee!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 06:38 AM
Trusted Editor

Props to Jeff aka 'Crash'. Bought some Sorcerian albums from him and couldn't be pleased more. Buy with confidence!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
VGMdb Staff

Bought the Dracula Box from Nisto, excellent package, great price, fast shipping. Very Happy...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I sold an album to Rhythmroo. He paid promptly and even told me to take my time to mail it. Because he wasn't in a rush, I was able to package the item securely and get it mailed out in 5 days.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:45 AM

Bought the following CD(s) from Eriol:

And The Following CD(s) from ebongrey23

Packages and CDs came in immaculate condition...couldn't ask for a better transaction. My thanks to Eriol and ebonygrey23 for a solid service and affordable prices!

Also, since Eriol mentioned it, whenever I do buy a soundtrack from a user, I'm very relaxed and flexible with the shipment time. My classwork and profession causes my listening backlog to reach a month or two into the future. I'll let you know when I would like the soundtrack in a timely manner.

Last edited by Rhythmroo; Dec 19, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:09 PM

Bought PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION: Sound Collection II from Shou.
Smooth and easy transection. Glad to do business with.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:20 AM

Purchased The Path Soundtrack from MiLO:

Fair price.
Shipped next day.
Received in 2 working days!
CD brand new, as described.
Packing was excellent!

Thank you!