VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 7, 2021, 06:39 AM
VGMdb Staff

A rundown of the differences in sound (and the games in general) between the two versions can be found at The Cutting Room Floor.

As for the identity of Jetbath Fujii - Takayuki Fujii is the only Konami sound staff who's name fits, but according to his facebook he didn't graduate from school until '94, some 6 years after the game's release.

And I found a couple of wikis (here and here) listing Japanese names for Ayako Nishigaki and Yuko Kurahashi, as well as claiming Gaziruru as being Kouji Murata, but nothing more concrete than that.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 04:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Murata said he composed for the game, so unless he's completely uncredited (which is possible, but I think unlikely given that he was a Konami employee at the time), the only person left he could be is Gaziruru

EDIT: Oh actually I see, didn't realize there were separate Disk System and Famicom versions of this game. He lists the FDS version where he's definitely credited, so he might not be Gaziruru in the FC version. I'll unlink him from that for now.

Last edited by CHz; Oct 7, 2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 08:11 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
From his notes regarding this game on his site: その反面、作曲が追いつかず、沢山の人にヘルプしてもらいました。"On the other hand, I couldn't keep up with the composition, so I had to ask a lot of people for help."
This part might explain the unusual amount of people credited for the initial FDS version. It's possible then that Murata was the main composer and that the others just helped out to fill the gaps - though granted this still doesn't tell us how much of the music Murata actually did.

I didn't fully study the differences between the two versions, but from what I heard the compositions seemed to mainly be the same. If Murata is not Gaziruru (and I agree we don't have any solid proof either way) it's possible that the FC credits are mainly or fully for the people who adapted, ported, etc the music.

So if Murata is not credited for the FC version then he probably should have been. Possible 'featured' scenario as far as crediting here is concerned.