VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:49 PM

I never thought I would see the day the original Ape Escape got an official CD soundtrack release... <3<3<3 This is outstanding!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:45 PM

Arguably the strangest track ordering on a CD I've ever seen

But who cares, it's APE ESCAPE. Any CD with "Time Station" is destined to be a glorious CD.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:39 PM

Agreed on the track ordering... but I can overlook that for the wealth of great music on this release. English tracklist is direct from the booklet by the way.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 06:01 PM

A recent edit added some descriptions saying this album is from the PSP port, but what it is based on? Contains additional tracks for the port? All I founded is that the composer reveals this album contains an enhanced version of the music that was optimized for the PSX sequencer.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:24 PM

Yeah, that's definitely the case. It's a shame too, because I'd say 8 times out of 10 the original PSX sound is better than the enhanced version ("Crumbling Castle" what happened to you ). At least "Time Station" escaped unscathed.

The music itself is of such a high standard though that I'd still recommend it to anyone.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:58 AM

Most tracks were remixed on the PSP version, this album contains the PSP music, for example, this music of molten lava http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9woSbGhIF4 is same than the album, however, the sound have been enhanced, it's more clear. also, some music doesn't appears on the album

Last edited by tykun; Mar 16, 2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:28 AM

Thanks for clarification. I still can't confirm that info (the composer called the PSP soundtrack 'a slight change' and he didn't refer to PSP at the entry as to the production of this album), but if you're sure please restore the platform and note (but I think what's needed after all is to note it sounds different than the original version, and some might think we should select Arrangement or Remaster).
Old May 23, 2011, 02:24 PM

For the longest time I thought this was from the PSX version but now I hear it's from the PSP game. Huh. I loved the PSX music but never played the PSP Ape Escape. I think I'd like the music though the "enhancing" of some tracks might bug me.