VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:33 AM
Trusted Editor

Default UMCK-1414: Tenchi Meisatsu Original Soundtrack

Struggling with a tracklist on this one since the movie is just recently released in Japan.

プロローグ --> Prologue
好奇心 --> Curiosity
初手天元 --> Shote Tengen (This is some sort of Go move, I'm not sure if it can be better translated? Perhaps it can be translated as Opening Match, see other 2 "Match" tracks below)
真剣勝負 --> A Serious Match
予感 --> Premonition
えん --> Fate (Given the other 2 kanji track titles I think this is appropriately translated as Fate, etc, but hard to tell)
北極出地-開始- --> Arctic Outland -Beginning- (This and all the other Arctic tracks I'm not sure what the second word is. From what I can gather, Yasui Santetsu traveled to the North Pole to accurately record the Polaris so I don't really understand the second word. I don't think it's Outland, but rather "Land Out", or something to indicate that it's the northern most point of the North Pole where you would measure the zenith from?)
星の申し子 --> Brain-child of the Stars (I don't know if there's a better word for "Brain-child")
見事なる誤問 --> Magnificent Becoming of an Incorrect Question (I really can't make much sense of this let alone get it into a form that makes sense. This is the best I could do)
北極出地-不穏- --> Arctic Outland -Unrest- (Arctic __ again)
北極出地-建部- --> Arctic Outland -Takebe- (Arctic __ again, Takebe is a character name so I don't think it needs to be translated to a word)
任命 --> Appointment
観測 --> Observation
確信 --> Conviction
三暦勝負 --> Three Calendar Match (Unsure if this is some sort of Go terminology or if it's just a Go match that went for 3 calendars (is that years, months??)
襲撃 --> Raid
挫折 --> Frustration
祝言 --> Celebration (This is lit. "Shugen" but I think it translates appropriately to "Celebration". I don't understand Japanese culture well enough to translate this properly)
発見 --> Discovery
勅使 --> Imperial Envoy
約束 --> Promise
最終勝負 --> Final Match
決断 --> Decision
運命の刻 --> Time of Destiny
天地明察 --> Insight Into the Universe (Translated this as the English title instead of "Tenchi Meisatsu" mostly to avoid confusion with tr. 27?, I guess?)
フィナーレ --> Finale
TENCHI MEISATSU --> TENCHI MEISATSU
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:14 AM
Trusted Editor

Still need help on this one.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Without context it's hard but...

星の申し子 -> If it's about a thing maybe "answer from the stars"; if an actual child "god-sent child of the stars" or so? (I think Brain-child implies "creation of" as opposed to "answer to prayers" that 申し子 is).
見事なる誤問 -> A Magnificent(ly) Incorrect Question (なる is an adjective marker equivalent to な)
三暦勝負 > I think 三暦 refers to Japanese calendars system, maybe Sanreki Match or just Three Calendar Match
Maybe: 運命の刻 --> Fateful Time

Others look good.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:10 AM

(I had said on irc that en is a character btw)
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Right, I still don't know what you mean.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 01:37 PM

En is the name of a woman iirc, that's what I meant by character
Old Apr 7, 2013, 02:18 PM
Trusted Editor

Ah, right, thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 06:11 PM

Question, how do we add this album to Hisaishi's vgmdb artist page (752)? I've come across other albums in addition to this one that are on the site, but don't show on his page.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 06:24 PM
Trusted Editor

It's there: