VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 7, 2017, 08:44 AM

Default getting rid of my complete collection :)

Selling my complete collection or give away for free to true collectors if they can pick up themselves , I live in germany near Duesseldorf. All needs to be gone by mid decembre. Its mostly well kept condition ( if cds were bought used, they look used, but most i did buy myself, so opened once and kept safe, like new or mint), but didnt check for a while , if possible pick up for free by a nice collector is preferred.
Its a lot so I dont want the hassle of sending it one by one.
Not only CD collection but piano score FF Xenosaga Kingdom Hearts, some artbooks, DMC stamp book , postcardbooks etc as well if possible

I would trade all collection for FFXIV shirogane L housing in best spot , but shipping need to be paid by you ^^

Last edited by Yunaaeris; Nov 7, 2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

One of our top submitters is located in Germany, but I don't know if he'd be interested.

But why not put the whole collection up for auction on eBay or something? (shipping paid by winner). Seems like a waste to just give it away for free.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 01:17 AM

Am I reading this right? You're willing to part with your physical real collection in return for non-physical (un)real estate?

I did a bit more research than I cared to but Shirogane appears to be an Old Japan-like e-country in Final Fantasy IV and where players can purchase land and/or property. Starting prices for L-sized plots seem to be a minimum of 40 million gil but if real life is of any indication, I would expect all of these property to have already been purchased by rich cashed up house-flipping investors. If you're requesting a premium location (the "best spot"), whereever that is, I would expect a price to match. I couldn't find a USD to Gil (FFG/Final Fantasy Gil?) exchange rate so that's where I stopped my research on this subject.

There's been a few people who have been letting go of their game music collection in recent years and I'd be interested to know your thought process.

Disclaimer: I'd be interested in your collection but not for free and I'm not from your country.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 08:17 AM
Trusted Editor

Hey there,
I see a few RPG albums I would be interested in buying. I'm living not too far away (Bonn), so I could pick them up, too, if expected.
Of course, selling the popular albums would greatly reduce your chances of giving away the collection in one batch, if that's the plan.

If it's not gone by beginning of December, I may get back to you regarding 3-4 CDs

Also, I asked a friend who's been playing FFXIV and he said there are probably new housing spots coming in the next patch; buying one of the existing houses would require somebody willing to give it up, and around 100 million gil which depending on the server equals around 120 USD from "illegal" shops. A risky business, I guess, but your CD collection is worth a lot more.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:29 PM

Selling the collection now, I will bubble wrap all, and send in bought cardboard parcels with deutsche post.
I dont have any credit card nor car.

I will sell them now, because I realized all of you are richer than me and I guess you even have a bed and a wardrobe instead a matrass on the ground and big tuppaboxes for cloth and anything.
I have to move to another place then Im going to start a new life and would like to buy a table, chairs, wardrobe, a bed, and not only have 1 broken chair, tv, ps4 and other consoles.
I prefer now not to have any RL Collections anymore, because when I move out again it costs few thousands for transport. You need more time to clean etc, all the tuppa boxes are annoying.

Selling seems to be the best to avoid me paying even more in the end.
So i ask you to give an offer for all Cds if possible ty, if the offers are too unreasonable Ill throw all away, I really dont care anymore, but Im not willing to waste more time for nothing.

Im open for any offer how to ship or buy cardboard parcel xx in amazon etc, but I dont have creditcard, pls keep that in mind, no car as well!
Im prefering the deutsche post, because I can go there by feet.
How to pack etc, Im very willing to respect the buyers packaging etc wishes as well.
I do have paypal, payment via bank transfer in the european union is possible,too.

I can take some more pictures as well if wished, will post some tomorrow.
The Cds are in diferent condition, those already bought used are used of course, but mostly kept well , put back in own seal, and foil on top of that, FF8 LE first edition limited isneven still sealed lol.
I havent checked all about condition, if offer is reasonable I will even consider check each. I will add piano scores, postcard book and stamp book DMC, maybe I have some more Cds than in the collection list.
If theres no reasonable offer Ill sell them piece by piece and throw away rest.

reasonable offers for the complete collection will be preferred, but good offers for few Cds will come next if theres none who takes on the loud for a fair price.

Last edited by Yunaaeris; Nov 16, 2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 09:00 PM

What's a reasonable offer? I see many soundtracks that I'd like, but I'm overseas.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post
What's a reasonable offer? I see many soundtracks that I'd like, but I'm overseas.
Like you, I am/was also interested in the collection and also overseas so I exchanged a few PMs with the seller on topics regarding to the collection (shipping etc). I asked for a general dollar figure but in turn, was asked to make an offer instead, but for fear of causing offence, I refrained from making an offer.

So if anyone, bidder or seller, wants to start things off with a specific number, then I'll join in on the action.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 09:56 AM

The thing is, I don't want to buy the entire collection. I'm interested in, maybe, a fifth of these.

Maybe we should start posting our wishlists and decide how to best split it? Unless someone wants to buy everything.

But honestly, Yunaaeris, I think you'd earn back more by selling specific lots to individuals. I mean, I know someone who'd like your Metal Gear Solid CDs.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:18 PM

PM sent...
Old Nov 24, 2017, 02:47 AM

Its very interesting when people start being unhappy about me not sending CDs in masses for free or selling them for a price they wouldnt even move a stone for.

I was very glad when I had the chance to talk to 4 people last weeks, which told me not to give away anything for free or dirth cheap anymore and better throw away all.
All my life I was giving away things "for free" up to a point where I had 2 meals in 3 weeks, had 1 pants taped from the inside all the way up - in novembre, shoes with 8-10cm holes, but at least didnt see the damage from above etc
They are right to tell me why give away things for free or for almost nothing(means I would make more money if I go to work for the same time), waste your time for richer people ? Thats what I was doing most of my life and Im really fed up with that if I think about it. As well as giving away like new bigger Cds for a donation in pet shelter...if its not even worth for the person to donate an amount equal to what I would go to work for- for the time and money wasted for packaging, then I better go to my vet and give them my money directly- its more efficient(and thats what Im already doing ,too). Maybe this is some reasoning that people wouldnt understand but its my life that Im improving now. I dont even feel sorry for the people who wanted to get any CD dirt cheap compared to weeks ago, but maybe Im staring to think like normal people again
Old Nov 24, 2017, 02:51 AM

poor cosette =)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 07:44 PM

Who are you talking about? For nearly a week I've been waiting for you to reply to my PM, but I gave up hope.

Now I see you've made a post about your life story. Please, if you feel people are trying to short change you, don't feel compelled to give them the time of day.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 07:55 AM

Just wanted to say here that I bought a couple of soundtracks from Yunaaeris and received them in pristine condition. Many thanks!