VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:16 PM

May I ask where this tracklist comes from? I'm intrigued because from a Google query requiring "フラッパー・ウィング" and "腹ペコ少女の決意" in the results, I get our own entry, and then two other sites which certainly can't be linked to because of their nature. No official sites seem to have the tracklist or anything, like it was the case for Sonic Dive, where the website is the only official place the tracklist exists (nothing comes with the CD or game). But I don't own this game/soundtrack, so I can't confirm anything about this tracklist and wonder where it comes from if there isn't even a website for it - maybe in-game, like is the case for Aka?

I guess I'm curious because I really like this soundtrack! When I listened to disc 1, I felt like it was typical lighthearted "daily high school girl life" music, not terrible or anything but few really memorable tracks. But I hit disc 2 and Yellow Alert played and I thought "wait did I mess up and I'm not playing the Angel Magister soundtrack anymore?" The lighthearted feel abruptly changes into something very dark and dramatic. The second disc is full of great music - wrenching piano/violin combos in Crossroads and Overflowing Emotion, some epic techno-rock in The Teacher Who Came from Hell, and even a baroque style harpsichord piece in A Heroic Tale! I like just about the entire disc, there's only a couple songs I could do without (and they're by no means *bad* still). I plan to buy this soundtrack someday even if it means shelling out the money for the game too. I recommend it if you're feeling adventurous!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:08 AM
Trusted Editor

I am pretty sure the song titles are from the in-game sound test. Most of the time, these tracklists appear on CDDB and freedb soon after release.
All of these visual novels have some CG and sound test to unlock and while the enclosures/pre-order bonus cds have little info, it's all in the game.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:21 AM

Okay, thank you! It makes the most the sense. Sadly I guess that means the general composer credits are the best we'll get, unlike Aka which was very diligent in naming the specific composer for each song.