VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:39 PM

I added this because I messaged someone selling this on Amazon asking him for the catalog number, and he gave me the number 8008/9. I think it's always useful to people to know that there are bootlegs out there. I know it's common sense to assume that there might be bootleg(s) for a specific album even if we don't have any listed here, but I'll try to add bootlegs I discover in the process of searching for soundtracks to buy.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 12:54 PM

Default I already bought one... T-T

It's a good thing I came across this when I did. I just received my copy, only to come here and get the track titles, only to find that I had a bootleg copy. I have since put in an order at CDJapan. Hopefully this eBay seller accepts returns.
Old May 1, 2020, 01:30 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flareovium114 View Post
I have since put in an order at CDJapan.
CDJ does not sell this album (the genuine Digicube print).
Old May 1, 2020, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
CDJ does not sell this album (the genuine Digicube print).
They have the more complete Sleigh Bells release: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SBPS-4
Old May 1, 2020, 01:50 AM
Trusted Editor

I know, but this is about the initial recording of the OST.
Old May 1, 2020, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I know, but this is about the initial recording of the OST.
This thread is about a bootleg which Flareovium bought unknowingly. He wanted an official version of the Xenosaga music, so he placed an order for the rerecording from CDJ. Stop being overly pedantic.
Old May 1, 2020, 03:05 AM
Trusted Editor

The Alion print is a bootleg of the Digicube release, which is NOT identical to the Sleigh Bells release.

This is also clearly indicated on the album page.
Quote:
Catalog Number: ALCA-8008~9 (bootleg printing of SSCX-10062~3)
It says nothing about SBPS-0004~5, for good reasons. And Flareovium114 never said anything about "wanting an official version of the Xenosaga music". Stop trying to make stuff up.

EDIT: If I wanted to be pedantic here, I could point out that buying the Sleigh Bells release won't get you any "official version" at all, since this music never appears in the game at all.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; May 1, 2020 at 03:08 AM.
Old May 1, 2020, 03:24 AM

Quote:
The Alion print is a bootleg of the Digicube release, which is NOT identical to the Sleigh Bells release.

This is also clearly indicated on the album page.

It says nothing about SBPS-0004~5, for good reasons.
I'm well aware of all of this and am not sure why you feel the need to explain it. I said in my previous post that the other version is a re-recording, did I not? This conversation started with regret over buying a bootleg of a version of the Xenosaga soundtrack.

Quote:
And Flareovium114 never said anything about "wanting an official version of the Xenosaga music". Stop trying to make stuff up.
Okay, there is an assumption on my end there, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that most people are mainly after having the music and don't care which recording/mastering it is. Flareovium already placed their order with CDJ so chiming in with "ACTUALLY you didn't buy it" feels unproductive to me. But maybe I'm wrong and Flareovium really will insist on having the original print and didn't triple check the catalog number even after being screwed over by a bootleg once.

Last edited by Aifread; May 1, 2020 at 03:27 AM.