VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 13, 2015, 10:32 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is online now
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 451

Sources:
http://anison.info/data/source/48636.html
https://joshinweb.jp/dp/4988001930662.html

And my own booklet (see the scans of the CD print; no there are not my personal scans ^^)
Also thanks to the precious DiscLegend's scan Back for all the romanizations. It would be a pain to find them without it.

Hurry Kimura (written like this on the vinyl) is better known as Noboru Kimura [木村昇] (his real name) or HARRY.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9C%...AD%8C%E6%89%8B)
http://anison.info/data/person/5437.html

He was the lead vocalist of the band TALIZMAN at first, but he had left already the band when they done the Choujin Locke Lord Leon's album (so that's why he wasn't credited like a member of TALIZMAN for this album).

I don't know if I need to add the special thanks (which are on the vinyl's scan back) in the notes. Maybe it would be too long and not clear.

My opinion about this album: this is for me the best Choujin Locke's album! He has a lot a great songs and Nobuo Kimura's voice is fantastic. Yes, I know, Choujin Locke Cosmic Game is very good too, Hikari no Ken has some beautiful and various music, and the other CD Lord Leon (for the OAV) is excellent, but I really like the disco/new wave music of TALIZMAN. So for me it is one of the best image albums of the 80's (but maybe Pelican Road II is better again ^^).

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 13, 2015, 10:49 PM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
I don't know if I need to add the special thanks (which are on the vinyl's scan back) in the notes. Maybe it would be too long and not clear.
It's definitely not required to add them, but you can do it if you want. Everything that's related to the music is fine.
__________________
Music | Projects | Anime
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 13, 2015, 11:32 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is online now
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
It's definitely not required to add them, but you can do it if you want. Everything that's related to the music is fine.
OK I read "Yû Katoh" and Ryoîchi Shôji", with all the "^", it is good?

And I notice you have added an english title for this album: "Locke The Superman ~Lord Leon~". I have hesitated to add it, because this album is not related to the OAV, and I have seen that Choujin Locke ~Cosmic Game~ doesn't have an English title on his album page too. Is there an English print for the manga with this translation?

Also I added my opinion about the album on my first post.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 13, 2015, 11:38 PM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
OK I read "Yû Katoh" and Ryoîchi Shôji", with all the "^", it is good?
I don't know the artists, but I would say just Yu Katoh and Ryoichi Shoji is fine. There shouldn't be any macron in the notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
And I notice you have added an english title for this album: "Locke The Superman ~Lord Leon~. I have hesitated to add it, because this album is not related to the OAV, and I have seen that Choujin Locke ~Cosmic game~ doesn't have an English title on his album page too. Is there an English print for the manga with this translation?
English title is printed on the back, so it's ok to add it as default title.

I see it isn't printed on the cassette back or anywhere on the Animex reprint (at least going by the scans you submitted), so I only added it as alternative title for the reprints.
Same for Cosmic game, going by the scans it's not printed anywhere. It can still be added as alternative title if it's the official translation of the manga though.
__________________
Music | Projects | Anime

Last edited by Illidan; May 13, 2015 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:05 AM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is online now
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
I don't know the artists, but I would say just Yu Katoh and Ryoichi Shoji is fine. There shouldn't be any macron in the notes.
OK. "^" is a macron, too? I believed that was only for "-".

Quote:
English title is printed on the back, so it's ok to add it as default title.
Well, I just see it now It was hided at the end by the obi...

Quote:
I see it isn't printed on the cassette back or anywhere on the Animex reprint (at least going by the scans you submitted), so I only added it as alternative title for the reprints.
Same for Cosmic game, going by the scans it's not printed anywhere. It can still be added as alternative title if it's the official translation of the manga though.
Ok, well understood.

Oh, that's me who has written "Takami Asamo"? I wanted to write rather Asano.
https://www.facebook.com/AsanoTakami...?tab=page_info

But it's strange too, that's me or it is written "Akano" on the vinyl?

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 14, 2015 at 12:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:16 AM
Illidan's Avatar
Illidan Illidan is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,331
Default

Ah good catch, didn't notice that. A bit hard to tell with the quality of the scan, it may be a typo. Since we're sure it's the guitarist from godiego, I think it's fine to leave it as it is.
__________________
Music | Projects | Anime
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:22 AM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is online now
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 451
Default

Yes, obviously.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 14, 2015, 07:13 AM
Yahagi93 Yahagi93 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 57
Default

Thanks for adding this album, SaintSquall. I went ahead and added the front and back booklet cover for the 32C35 pressing (not my scans) hopefully you don't mind. Hopefully the rest of the image albums can be added soon. Finding all the artists and credits for these Locke image albums are quite a pain.

Out of the six image albums, this one is probably my third favorite behind Cosmic Game and Storm of Ronwall. Like you said I really like the new wave / disco sound of Lord Leon. However I personally prefer the rock of Cosmic Game and the heavy prog synth of Storm of Ronwall.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 14, 2015, 07:16 PM
SaintSquall SaintSquall is online now
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: France
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahagi93 View Post
Thanks for adding this album, SaintSquall. I went ahead and added the front and back booklet cover for the 32C35 pressing (not my scans) hopefully you don't mind. Hopefully the rest of the image albums can be added soon. Finding all the artists and credits for these Locke image albums are quite a pain.
He he no problem Yahagi93
I had some scans for the first CD print but there were in an awful quality, so I didn't add them. So you have well done
Well, i have just added now the CD "Choujin Locke -Hikari no Ken-", so there are just 2 Image Album to submit, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahagi93 View Post
Out of the six image albums, this one is probably my third favorite behind Cosmic Game and Storm of Ronwall. Like you said I really like the new wave / disco sound of Lord Leon. However I personally prefer the rock of Cosmic Game and the heavy prog synth of Storm of Ronwall.
All the Choujin Locke's image albums are great, anyway. I love rock music too (it is my favourite style), but Cosmic Game is not the best for me about rock music (I prefer Pelican Road's image albums, by example), although it is very good. I like less the CD "Choujin Locke Honoo no Tora" (COCC-72202), because there are a lot of dramas, but the songs are very good too.
So my personal classification would be:
1) Lord Leon
2) Hikari no Ken
3) Cosmic Game
4) Rock Suite Choujin Locke (COCC-72201)
5) Ronwall no Arashi
6) Honoo no Tora

But this classification can change again, in the future
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LLLCD 1276: SUPERMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK FROM THE... universalgenius12 Album Discussions 3 May 23, 2017 10:46 PM
CX-7046: Choujin Locke ~Honoo no Tora~ SaintSquall Album Discussions 0 May 17, 2015 04:25 PM
AF-7050: Rock Suite Choujin Locke SaintSquall Album Discussions 6 May 16, 2015 01:11 AM
CX-7174: Choujin Locke -Hikari no Ken- SaintSquall Album Discussions 0 May 14, 2015 06:25 PM
K32X-7059: ZILLION THE SHOOTING MASTER THE MOTION PICTURE ORIGINAL... Secret Squirrel Album Discussions 3 Mar 24, 2009 05:35 AM