VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

(I found this short review I posted at Gamingforce a few years back, and decided to edit it and post it here.)

The music style is generally a mix of orchestral and electronic; but there is a hint of jazz and some other things in here. I can't say I like every track on here, but I hardly found anything that made me switch to the next song, as even the dullest of the tracks still maintain a good background atmosphere. My favorite aspect is how epic some of these songs feel; hitting the high notes and not holding back any punches with the choirs and orchestral strings/brass.

While I'm at it, I would like to add that for the few years after first hearing it, "IDOLA" The Strange Fruits was my favorite final battle theme ever. It's got choir samples, piano, guitars, trumpets, strings, breakbeats, synth, and all kinds of stuff. It's similar to BT "ultimate" from UNLIMITED: SaGa in style (though more rock-ish), but more epic feeling.

Anyway, if you are a fan of the UNLIMITED: SaGa OST or the Panzer Dragoon soundtracks, this seems to have a similar style (as close as I can relate it at the moment), so definitely seek it out. It's currently on sale for an insanely low price at GameMusic.com.

My favorite ten tracks (in tracklist order only):
Gate -File Select-
Morgue PART1 -Morgue 01-
Special Relaxies
Ravum Aedes Sacra -Temple of Ravum-
Scenario: Courage
"LET THE WINDS BLOW" -Remix Version for "OPENING"-
Morgue PART2 -Morgue 02-
Tower of ''Caelum'' -Tower of Caelum-
Via Tubus -Via Tubus-
"IDOLA" The Strange Fruits
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:47 PM

I noticed scans of booklet page 3 and 4 are actually page 3 twice, so it's missing a scan of DISC-B tracklist credits.

Maybe it's only a display bug on my end, but I wanted to bring this to attention just in case.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Looks like it's a real mistake. I found a replacement, so I've uploaded the real page 4.