VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:03 PM

While the notes suggest that there's something wrong with the spelling of vermilion, I've always known it to be the primary spellings that dictionaries suggest.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vermilion

They usually list "also vermillion" afterwards. I don't think there's anything misspelled here.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Gone it is. Google gets about the same number of results for vermilion and vermillion too.
Seems this one was added in the dark ages of vgmdb when info was carried over from other places, feel free to change any glaring mistakes.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:05 AM

Okay, I'll be more aggressive with notes sections then. Sometimes I don't always change them because there's no standard, and it's just the difference between how two people would write something... but I'll change the things that don't really belong.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 09:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

So, what is the source for all of the names?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So, what is the source for all of the names?
Got these from the game credits. http://tk-nz.game.coocan.jp/ysmusic/..._team_jdk.html

Quote:
The Legend of Heroes IV (PC-98 Ver.) - Falcom Sound Team J.D.K. (Mieko Ishikawa, Atsushi Shirakawa, Naoki Kaneda, Masaru Nakajima, Hirofumi Matsuoka, Satoshi Arai)
The Legend of Heroes IV (Win Ver.) - Falcom Sound Team jdk (Hirofumi Matsuoka, Atsushi Shirakawa, Hayato Sonoda, Hirokazu Matsumura, Wataru Ishibashi, Maiko Hattori)
As for why I included the latter people into the composer field: while Falcom removed a bunch of tracks from the PC-98 version (such as "Parting Regrets" and "Wandering Thoughts"), the Windows port/remake of LoH IV also has a couple of exclusive tracks, like "A Hill to Die On". Of course, this is Falcom we're talking about, so it doesn't specify individual composition/arrangement credits. But since "Hirofumi Matsuoka, Atsushi Shirakawa, Hayato Sonoda, Hirokazu Matsumura, Wataru Ishibashi and Maiko Hattori" were responsible for the arranging, it is likely that "some" of them wrote the exclusive new tracks.

I also tried to upload a cover, but apparently it doesn't show up? In any case, here's the cover I tried to upload.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused to the Staff.

Last edited by 《J》; Jan 24, 2015 at 04:39 PM.