VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 11, 2013, 09:27 PM

Question Tapatalk support for forums?

It would be nice if tapatalk could be implemented for the VGMdb forums. It would make it much easier for everyone to post comments from our smartphones and integrating the plugin is completely free!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:50 AM
Trusted Editor

Browsing and posting on the forums from a mobile device is just as easy and convenient as with tapatalk. I, for one, don't want the annoying "THIS FORUM SUPPORTS TAPATALK! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!" popup, nor would I use it.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:56 AM
Trusted Editor

We don't need this.

Not sent from any Samsung/HTC/LG/Blackberry/Apple/whatever smartphone running Android/iOS/Symbian/wtfisgoingonhere.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Nov 12, 2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Browsing and posting on the forums from a mobile device is just as easy and convenient as with tapatalk. I, for one, don't want the annoying "THIS FORUM SUPPORTS TAPATALK! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!" popup, nor would I use it.
Yeah, well that's just like...your opinion man. If I recall correctly, the pop-up can be turned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
We don't need this.

Not sent from any Samsung/HTC/LG/Blackberry/Apple/whatever smartphone running Android/iOS/Symbian/wtfisgoingonhere.
Care to elaborate? Also, the signature stuff can be disabled too.

Lots of hate for this proposal and 0 substantial arguments on the reason. Jeez.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:07 AM
Trusted Editor

Well, the most compelling argument against it is the developers and admins already barely have time to work on site upgrades and features as-is. Implementing tapatalk for the handful of users that would use it is just plain wasted resources.

There's also the fact that this site is built around being a database of videogame music, not a forum for discussing video game music, although there is overlap. A large majority of newly created threads are not discussion based and more related to validation of the accuracy of the things in the database. There's also no link in tapatalk to anything outside the forums, which in the forums case is the parent album, the artists, the products, and everything else and that's vitally important.

tldr: Resources better spent elsewhere, site is perfectly browsable on a mobile device. But that's also for admins to decide, not us.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:13 AM

I generally don't use my phone for internet, that could shock you but I use a phone for calling people (it's crazy, no? ;p)

however, if I use it for that I just browse for browsing
I don't use it for chatting, forums or any twitter/facebook (I have no twitter or facebook account) shit

but it's just me =)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:16 AM
Trusted Editor

I don't really do any heavy work with my phone on this site, but if I am not near a computer and I get a thread reply email of something I'm interested in, I will launch it in a browser and reply.

I've also used it to look up albums when I'm at Book-Off and other Japanese stores in NYC
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:16 PM

I actually do work here off a mobile phone, and I'm managing fine.

Tags
forums, request, support, tapatalk