VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 26, 2008, 08:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I got the composer name from GMCL.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Strangely, Takayuki Fujii doesn't appear in game credits (full transcription here) of Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Tokkaedama. It's possible to see four names credits as sound design:

空(G-LTD) (?)
TECHNOUCHI
肥蔵 (Yoshihiko Koezuka?)
シタール妹尾 (Sitar Senoo)

Also, apparently Akira Yamaoka is the composer of Poy Poy / Poitter's Point.

Last edited by Revoc; Jan 16, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:39 PM

I think you refer to the credit of Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzledama. I linked Fujii to this album after I read this site and thought he had credit at least for Poitter's Point.

Quote:
作曲・編曲
ときめきメモリアル対戦とっかえだま:Ta-Ka、K、池上、ADE
ポイッターズポイント:藤井隆之
Found the credit of Tokkaedama Saturn Port in niconico. (8:12~)
Quote:
サウンドデザイナー
梶川貴光
池上かいち
飛騨野佳男

Last edited by Cedille; Jan 16, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

No idea how Akira Yamaoka originally got credited for Poy Poy/Poitter's Point, but the game credits confirm Takayuki Fujii for all BGM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
No idea how Akira Yamaoka originally got credited for Poy Poy/Poitter's Point
Eh? Yamaoka did Poy Poy. I've personally confirmed it. Don't have game credits right now, but here's confirmation for the sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-g2yR4ddx0

Yamaoka's actually done a tonne other than Silent Hill. Tokimeki Memorial series, Sparkster series, Poy Poy series, Kansei: Sacred Fist, Speed King, Shadow of Memories, Gradius & Salamander compilations, Lightning Legend, Contra: Hard Corps, Contra: Shattered Soldier, Dracula X, a little Goemon, some NBA, 2197, etc.

His non-SH/non-Bemani works are just very underreported and often under his pseudonyms Sayaka Yamaoka and Akiropito. Should publish an interview providing more soon.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 05:47 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I think you refer to the credit of Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzledama. I linked Fujii to this album after I read this site
Oh, I just noticed now that I got confused with these two games. So forget my comments about the credits.
But I'll add the credits in the correspondent album.

Apparently, this album doesn't cover the soundtrack of Saturn port, but I think we only can confirm with the scans. It's shame that this album seems rare even for Konami's collectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
No idea how Akira Yamaoka originally got credited for Poy Poy/Poitter's Point, but the game credits confirm Takayuki Fujii for all BGM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Eh? Yamaoka did Poy Poy. I've personally confirmed it. Don't have game credits right now, but here's confirmation for the sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-g2yR4ddx0
Concerning Poy Poy, I'm bit confused, unless... Takayuki Fujii is an another alias of Yamaoka. And Takayuki Fujii played electric guitar in SoTN.

Confirming what Chris said, the fansite Akira Yamaoka Archives mentions Poy Poy. In this interview the game was mentioned too and he shared some samples of Poy Poy in his website.

And I'm looking forward for the SEMO's interview!

Last edited by Revoc; Jan 17, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:14 PM

I have added scans for this album.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 01:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Great! Strangely, I couldn't find any reference to Akira Yamaoka or any credits of the soundtrack in the booklet, only liner notes written by Takayuki Fujii (page 7).

Last edited by Revoc; Jan 17, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
he shared some samples of Poy Poy in his website.
I couldn't match up any of those samples on Yamaoka's website with any of the tracks on this album from Poy Poy (although I'd love a second opinion on that). Several of them do however come from Poy Poy 2: poipoi_01 is from the Moai stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzhSO_LzxOw) and poipoi_05 is from the Shock stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCH3vWNGPE#t=0m34s). I think they're all probably from the sequel, despite the heading clearly saying otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Eh? Yamaoka did Poy Poy. I've personally confirmed it. Don't have game credits right now
I linked the game credits earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOgswq6DqjQ#t=4m08s

Yamaoka is nowhere in the credits or the booklet (thanks Crash). I think Poy Poy and Poy Poy 2 were conflated somewhere down the road. That or Takayuki Fujii is yet another alias of Yamaoka's. Which I would probably believe, because this is Konami we're dealing with, after all, but Yuji Takenouchi lists them as separate people on his MySpace page.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:20 PM

Very interesting. I'll try to find out some more info from Yamaoka directly. It seems like several people have confused Poy Poy with Poy Poy 2. Tokimeki Memorial 3 credits list them both, so it's unlikely Takayuki Fujii is another alias of Yamaoka's, but it's clear they've worked closely over the years. Either way, Yamaoka is one of the most mysterious VGM composers.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I couldn't hear the second video, but the track from the Moai stage really seems the first sample, so is very probable that this confusion of Poy Poy and Poy Poy 2 caused this misinformation. Also, it's a bit strange that Poy Poy 2 soundtrack wasn't released. Let's wait for the confirmation of the true identity of Takayuki Fujii.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
I couldn't hear the second video
Yeah, sorry about that. There are a decent amount of videos of the game on YouTube (more than I expected there to be, anyway), but the BGM is drowned out in most of them.

Anyway, let's talk about Tokimemo Taisen Tokkaedama for a second. I noticed there's a small error in the credits transcription on the page Cedille linked: instead of "Ta-Ka, K, 池上, ADE," it should be "Ta-Ka, K.池上, ADE." That matches K.池上 up with 池上かいち (Kaichi Ikegami, maybe?) in the Saturn credits. Ta-Ka could be 梶川貴光 (Takamitsu Kajikawa). If the sound staffs were the same for both versions (big if), that leaves ADE as 飛騨野佳男, but I have no idea who the hell either of those could be (Yoshio Hidano is the likely reading, no hits anywhere).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Very perspicacious, CHz. But if there is no information in the booklet, where this website finds the names "Ta-Ka, K, 池上, ADE,"? I'd also like to see the credits of the PlayStation version to see if the names match. These three composers are completely obscure...

One doubt: the second kanji of the third name seems different in the game credits:

飛騨野佳男

Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I didn't watch the video, nice catch there. Second character looks like a 弾. 飛弾野 is another way of writing Hidano, though that doesn't get any hits either.

Quote:
Very perspicacious, CHz. But if there is no information in the booklet, where this website finds the names "Ta-Ka, K, 池上, ADE,"?
Those names are from the booklet, on the bottom of page 4. K.池上 wrote the liner notes on page 5 (other page in that scan), and you can see on the bottom that it's clearly a period, and not a comma separating two names.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Are you sure that doesn't get any hits?

http://www.recosell.com/rc/00/03/000301.html

All but confirms that he's ADE.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Obviously I just don't know how to use the Google.

By the way: http://sound.jp/assb-music/

Copyright(C) 2001 ASSB/yoshio“ade”hidano
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Those names are from the booklet, on the bottom of page 4. K.池上 wrote the liner notes on page 5 (other page in that scan), and you can see on the bottom that it's clearly a period, and not a comma separating two names.
I just noticed now because I've jumped this pages with handwriting...

Great! I think the three composers can be added in the field.