VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:41 PM

still waiting on my special order through cdjapan. anyone else?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
Trusted Editor

I got my special order from cdj two weeks ago.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuxer View Post
Bad filtering.
Broken hardware.
Buggy NSF´s.
Poor emulation.
+"We hate MM1/2."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
The tracklising errors on the Power Fighters/The Power Battle CDs were not caught... this means Magnet Man (3-28) is actually Cloud Man's Stage. I believe there is another miss-named track or two as well but I haven't run into it.

Additionally, track 1-23 sounds NOTHING like Dr. Wily Stage 1 from MM1. Personally I've always believed that's an original composition.
as you already know, various songs from the navi modes are directly taken (listen to that qsound roar!) from battle/fighters. dr. wily stage 1 from rockman 1's navi mode is the yellow devil theme from battle/fighters, and is indeed an original composition. i don't remember but i think magnet man and cloud man shared themes in battle/fighters.

Last edited by Despatche; Oct 27, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:24 PM

The Capcom Store is now selling a digital edition of the first disc for $8.95, listed as "MEGA MAN OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK". The product page suggests the other 9 discs of the E Can set will be along sometime soon, though the Suleputer RM9 is already available as an import through their store. They're hyping this up as the first "legitimate" Western release of these soundtracks.

If the price-per-disc holds, that would be a $90 digital edition of this set versus the $180-250 special order price some importers are asking for.

Last edited by Judge Ito; Apr 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 03:20 PM

Yeah, I just heard that! There's a great interview now with Manami Matsumae:

http://koopa.tv/a-conversation-with-manami-matsumae/

Anyone picked up the digital copy yet? There's not a lot of info on the page in terms of DRM.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 06:34 PM

It downloads as a direct link through Digital River after purchasing titled "Rockcan_Sound_E_Can_Rockman_25th_Anniversary_Disc _1.zip" 37.6 MB. The music is DRM-free, transcoded through iTunes 11.0.2 into 192kbit CBR MP3s. It comes with a one-page PDF file:

I don't know how the timing works on that sheet because 0h27m21s is off the total runtime by more than a minute. Only the store page and your order invoice actually call it "Mega Man Official Soundtrack". "BOMBMAN STAGE" still has that awful warbling.

Last edited by Judge Ito; May 3, 2023 at 06:59 AM.
Old May 6, 2013, 02:04 PM

Shouldn't Yoshinori Ono (Music) and Yoshino Aoki (Performance) be credited for Disc 6 - Track 52 "STAFF ROLL (KAZE YO TSUTAETE)" ?
Old May 6, 2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Ito View Post
It downloads as a direct link through Digital River after purchasing titled "Rockcan_Sound_E_Can_Rockman_25th_Anniversary_Disc _1.zip" 37.6 MB. The music is DRM-free, transcoded through iTunes 11.0.2 into 192kbit CBR MP3s.
Mid-quality MP3s + Digital River? That's a ball of suck. For ten bucks, they should've gone with FLAC. :\
Old Jan 5, 2014, 03:19 PM

I know it's been a while but can anyone confirm if this is indeed out of print? I have the ECan so I'm not looking to buy but prices for this have sky-rocked on line recently. I'm just wondering if it is or there is just a lull in production that sellers are trying to take advantage of.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 02:01 PM

seems really out of print.

I need to sell mine because it takes *a lot* of space. Even the Akumajo Dracula Box is smaller. Has someone a idea how much the Rockcan is worth?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 08:05 PM

I should have ordered one when it came out. Not sure what it's worth but seeing what happened with the Castlevania box, it might as well not be worth that much in the near future...?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 08:35 AM

Fixed numerous track syntax inconsistencies on discs 1, 2, 6 (Robot master names were spelled as two words, rather than one.), and 8 (Tracks 34-36 should say "SS" not "Saturn"). All of this is taken from the liner notes.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 01:30 PM

Added the official Steam tracklist and links.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:24 PM

Does anyone know if the Steam releases for the MM, MMX, MMZ, MMZX & MMZXA soundtracks are exactly the same as their Sound Box counterparts?
If I recall correctly some tracks from the MM & X sound boxes had a variety of small issues and I was curious if they were still present in those releases or not.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
If I recall correctly some tracks from the MM & X sound boxes had a variety of small issues and I was curious if they were still present in those releases or not.
Wasn't it the previous X1-6 box that had the issues? From what I recall, the 20th Anniversary Box fixed most - if not all - of them.

The X1-6 box had things like:

Power meter filling in X2's "Zero"
X3's "Vile Stage" missing the beginning
X2's "Flame Stage" missing the beginning

None of these are present on the 20th Anniversary box.

Now, if you're talking the original series MM boxes, yeah, there are still some issues present with the peaks in volume being distorted in the NES Mega Man 1 + 2 sections.

That said, I would think Capcom would just base the Steam release off the box sets, but I could be wrong. I mean Spacelab's MM1-10 record used the Rockman Box Set/E-Can set as a base unfortunately.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Wasn't it the previous X1-6 box that had the issues? From what I recall, the 20th Anniversary Box fixed most - if not all - of them.

The X1-6 box had things like:

Power meter filling in X2's "Zero"
X3's "Vile Stage" missing the beginning
X2's "Flame Stage" missing the beginning

None of these are present on the 20th Anniversary box.

Now, if you're talking the original series MM boxes, yeah, there are still some issues present with the peaks in volume being distorted in the NES Mega Man 1 + 2 sections.

That said, I would think Capcom would just base the Steam release off the box sets, but I could be wrong. I mean Spacelab's MM1-10 record used the Rockman Box Set/E-Can set as a base unfortunately.
You're correct, it's the Rockman X 1~6 box that had issues which the 20th anniversary set fixed, I got them mixed up. I just listened to a couple samples on mora and it appears that X3's "Vava/Vile Stage" has the intro and X2's "Zero" doesn't feature the in-game sound effect. I'm not 100% sure if the X1 & X2 ones on Mora have the issues with the peaks in their instrumentation though it sounds to me like they do, would you mind taking a listen a letting me know what you think?

Edit: I decided to buy the first two soundtracks on Steam and I think it's safe to assume that these are indeed taken from the Sound Box the comments listed in the details for these two albums even say "CPCA-10264" for MM1 & "CPCA-10265" for MM2. Something strange I noticed though was that the the FLAC and AAC files for MM1 had a total duration of 28:36.053, but the MP3s appeared to only be 26:32.293. MM2 on the other hand had a consistent duration of 47:25.200 for all three formats. Also, for anyone who might be curious to know, it seems that the tool used for the FLAC files was "REAPER" which I'm not familiar with, I always use EAC personally. It probably goes without saying, but the details list that the tools used for the AAC and MP3 files were iTunes and LAME respectively.

Additionally, I'm pleased to say that the quality of the cover art is actually pretty good. It might have been nice if they added titles to them like they did for the Zero/ZX/ZXA releases, but I suppose it's not a big deal as the MM & MMX ones all have unique covers that let you know which one is which just by looking. Overall there doesn't seem to be any major downsides to going with the Steam collections over the physical one unless any of the FLAC sets turn out to have the incorrect length like the MP3s for MM1 did.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Jul 17, 2021 at 01:26 AM.