VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The Japanese title for the album doesn't actually include the "Farewell, My Beloved" part of the game title, so I changed Myrkul's edit to an alternate title.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:27 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I was hesitating to make that change..
But correct me if i am wrong:
The japanese title really depends where you took it from..
For example, wave master website include the "Farewell, My Beloved" part on the title.. as well as some other websites.
Plus it's printed as part of the "logo" of the game on the front cover.

Maybe the obi should clear that, if our policy is to follow what is written on it.

But i will not make this discussion a big matter, it was more a personnal preference to be honest
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

"Farewell, My Beloved" (well, I like to translate it "Farewell Loved Ones," in original text is さらば愛しき人よ) ... It's on the obi, and on the front cover as part of the logo. I have no idea who submitted those packaging scans for the OST and vocal album, but they're incomplete. I have complete packaging scans on my computer that I did ... four years ago. And I can add them to VGMdb. In fact, I will right now.

Titles should be reversed, Myrkul is right about this one. It's on the obi, it's in the logo, that should settle it.

EDIT - supplemental images uploaded for OST and vocal. I shouldn't have said "no idea" when it's clear that Secret Squirrel got the OST images and Jessie got the Vocal images...thank you vgmdb for recording that data!

Ramza

Last edited by Ramza; Apr 8, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I see it on the obi, so that's fine. The full album title on the front is just "サクラ大戦Ⅴ ボーカルコレクション 紐育歌謡全集," so that's what I was going with. I went ahead and added the subtitle to the Japanese and Romaji titles as well.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, it's frustrating that there's inconsistency at all (between front cover and obi), they should've just tacked on the subtitle everywhere.

In other news, apparently NIS America is putting out a Wii version of Sakura Taisen V (the first time a game in the series reaches English-speaking gamers). I wonder how it will turn out?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

double-post and thread resurrection!

Been listening to this album a lot today, after having played 5 hours of the *English version* of the game. Needless to say, I'm psyched about its retail launch in February.

It's amazing that a five-year-old game is being released to market now for the first time. I really hope it sells well (relative to other NISA games, that is).

And man oh man this vocal album is good. Did I ever tell you guys I had "Kiss Me Sweet" played at my wedding? Because I did.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:52 PM

Five years after initial release...
Well that's quite some necromancy.LOL.
Though seriously this game is good,but I actually expected more from it since it's down the line of THE Sakura Wars Series.
Man,sakura wars 4 made me cry like a kid.But it seems sakura wars v isn't as good at touching my soft spot as the previous one.Or is it only me?
Anyway,"Life is short,so fall in love,people!"

Last edited by Cypher; Dec 24, 2009 at 07:55 PM.