VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:31 AM

Default Concert Calendar

Why don't we have a concert calendar integrated into the VGMdb "events" section? Would be helpful for people who want to catch local shows and find stuff that's maybe a little less out there, like local college performances of game and anime music. I'm sure somebody has thought of this before... can we do it?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:29 PM

We're not a general VGM website but a database to index VGM by album, so I think that's why we basically submit a concert only to link multiple albums which are released there. That said, you can always add a college concert or such through here. Our event section is actually based on individual submission, so nobody but the original poster can edit it later though.

(btw, has we ever assigned albums as "Resale"? The most underused feature on this site, maybe and given the amount of doujin albums, I think it's virtually impossible to follow what's resold and what's not at each event)
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:36 AM

I'd disagree. I'd say VGMdb is essentially a community at this point. Granted, the podcast is gone, but I think there there is a loyal group of people contributing to discussions and such. I think it'd be nice to have a resource to find out where to enjoy the music we catalog here live, and with so many small local events, I don't think it can effectively be done any way other than in a fan-submitted way. Everything from cover band performances to orchestral events.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think it'd be a cool idea to have something like this, though I think we'd want to have it separate from the Events page, with a different format.

I wonder if the VBulletin calendar is the way to go with this.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Using the vBulletin calendar wasn't such a good idea after all. The interface is a pain to work with. At some point we'll have to extract it out of vBulletin and build our own.