VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:21 AM

Glad to see the proper physical releases were given their separate entry in the database

But why exactly Balance and Ruin is considered a "reprint" while the other two are called "alternate printings"? If such a distinction has a meaning, shouldn't it be exactly the opposite?

Last edited by The Gambler; Mar 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler View Post
But why exactly Balance and Ruin is considered a "reprint" while the other two are called "alternate printings"? If such a distinction has a meaning, shouldn't it be exactly the opposite?
The classification that appears there is automatically assigned based on the release date, distribution type, and region of release.

In this case, this one ended up being "reprint" because I forgot to give it the right classification.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 03:24 PM

So this item has a $50 price, but Random Encounter has a "Not For Sale" tag despite being a $50 Kickstarter reward, just like this one.

So which is correct? $50 or NFR?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 03:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I wasn't especially sure how to classify the FF1 and FF7 albums, because they were both stretch goals printed with additional money from the Kickstarter and not otherwise particularly related to the funding of FF6. That's why I made them enclosures too, because I view them as somewhat secondary parts of the pledge package.

It may make more sense to put all three on equal footing as rewards, though, and give them the same info.