VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 31, 2019, 03:23 AM

I do not have the physical disc but I found some scans with catalog number APL-006 and same release date, so I guess APL-006A is a version with different packaging(?). The archived version of the circle's page (https://web.archive.org/web/20030417...apple/new.html) mentions "first press edition" and "replaced tracks", but I'm not sure which one is which.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:52 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I have a physical copy of this and there are actually 18 tracks on it. 1~14 are as listed in the current track list. Gracenote pulls up the title of track 15 as おまけ選択. It's just a female speaker saying that there will be three more tracks, then she names them. Track 16 is the bonus track at the end of the track list on this page: https://web.archive.org/web/20030417...apple/new.html

Then she says the name of the track after that is called やめとく and the one after that is called どっちでもいい.

The final two are just another female speaker. No music.

I'll update the track list.

Also, written very small on the disc it says what products the songs come from. They are:

-Ribbon
-Tenshi no Oshigoto
-Snow Memoria
-Stay.

I don't think the game ONE is actually represented. MANYO says in his liner notes: 「ONE」という作品への、リスペクトソングとしてのスタートだった「Stay.」今回はその枠を飛び越え てみました。原曲とは違う魅力を感じてもろえれば幸いです。

So, I think 「Stay.」was made as a sort of tribute to ONE, but ONE itself shouldn't actually represented in the products.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 01:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Track 9 is an arrangement of the song of the same name from ONE, I assume track 4 as well

e: Oh I see Stay. might be a fan project or something based on ONE, possibly never mind then
Old Jun 21, 2021, 01:05 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Track 9 is an arrangement of the song of the same name from ONE, I assume track 4 as well
Ah, okay. I haven't actually listened to this album yet. Haha! Just trying to get the credits and such right.

I added images of the two Liner Note pages and the Staff page. The book is bound super tight, so it's hard to get good images and would be impossible to scan without breaking the spine or causing the page to come unglued. The other pages in the booklet are all artwork and lyrics.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 01:29 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah Stay. is in fact a fangame based on ONE by Apple Project, so you're probably correct and Stay. should be the represented product instead. Track 9 looks like an arrangement of the vocal arrange on this album (same singer & lyricist) https://vgmdb.net/album/28637. I'm less sure if track 4 is actually based on any music in Stay. or is a fresh arrangement for this album, but if ONE isn't listed, then...
Old Jun 21, 2021, 01:49 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Yeah Stay. is in fact a fangame based on ONE by Apple Project, so you're probably correct and Stay. should be the represented product instead. Track 9 looks like an arrangement of the vocal arrange on this album (same singer & lyricist) https://vgmdb.net/album/28637. I'm less sure if track 4 is actually based on any music in Stay. or is a fresh arrangement for this album, but if ONE isn't listed, then...
I just checked and Track 4 on this album is definitely a vocal arrangement of the track with the same name from ONE. Even though it's not listed explicitly on the disc along with the others, I think we can confidently keep it as one of the products represented, yeah?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 02:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Been looking around and I've found no fewer than three purported tracklists for Stay. -Fragments of Memories- [APL-004], which is a game disc with CD audio. It seems probable that, like way too many of APPLE project's other releases, APL-004 was also published with a later revision (or two). Two of those tracklists I found have a track called 雪の様に白く, including the one on APPLE project's own sale page for APL-004, which seems like a decent source. So it does look like Stay. had its own arrangement of 雪の様に白く and this is either that track exactly or a new rearrangement of it (similar to track 9).