VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:29 AM
VGMdb Administrator

What's the source for the new credits for Masahiro Kajihara?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 04:09 AM

I'll revert these edits, based on the descriptions (badly translated by me) from the official site. Time has passed a bit too much anyway.

Quote:
A complete soundtrack of the 86 board ver.
Quote:
The 86 board ver. and The 26 board ver had completely different music, and the former composed by Ryu Umemoto and Ryu Takami, the latter Masahiro Kajihara, Kenichi Arakawa and Daisuke Takahashi.
So, if they're true, this soundtrack only contains music by Umemoto and Takami (And where Tatsuya Komoro came from?)
Old May 4, 2013, 09:25 AM

So am I understanding correctly that there were two versions of this game with completely different music? I've got a huge gamerip I'm working with, and I'm trying to straighten it out. Half is labeled as (OPN) with main artists as Kajihara Takahashi, and a few Komoro, Umemoto and Takami tags peppered throughout. The other half is labeled (OPNA), and the tags match this OST.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 05:43 AM

Not two different versions, just if you pick OPN you get one soundtrack and if you pick OPNA you get the other. Some songs are shared (e.g. the opening), as are the jingles I think.

Both sets have proper tracknames... wonder why EGG got rid of them?

Last edited by Despatche; Jan 15, 2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:41 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I'm about to upload photos for the rest of Grounseed (larger front, insert back, case back, discs, tray). I got a copy of it new and I want to confirm that there is no OBI for this album. I'll include a photo of the CD sealed for verification purposes, but feel free to delete it if it's not necessary.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 09:51 PM

So, Takahiro Nogi is listed as a "music composer" in the liner notes for this album, but he was actually one of the composers for the OPN soundtrack which isn't included here?
Huh.