VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:58 PM

Rocket Knight Adventures credits a "Masanori Ohuchi," (which the project2612 tagging person interpreted as "Masanori Oouchi") which I found highly suspicious, appearing beside "Masanori Adachi," http://bimshwel.com/awnaw/masanoris.png so it is good to come here and learn they are the same person, assuming vgmdb's sources are accurate (and I am reading them properly (which I was not!)). That does not explain, however, why he would be listed twice under slightly different names on the same page of in-game credits. Does this happen a lot? Is there some significance to the vertical space following "Ohuchi?"

Last edited by Garnobium; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Masanori Oouchi is in all probability a different person: http://vgmdb.net/artist/4573. Oouchi continued writing music & lyrics for Konami for several years after Adachi left Konami for Love-de-Lic.

Did you misread the "Masanori Oodachi" variation? That's one of the people credited in Super Castlevania IV. It's generally accepted to be Adachi, but it could be Oouchi too.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:02 PM

I saw "Variations: Masanori Oodachi," on this fellow's page, and noted that the Ohuchi in the game credits was different from the Oouchi in the vgm credits, so I assumed there was a telephone tag of errors/corrections going on, since it is possible to mistake an o for a d under certain circumstances and romanizations can very anyhow. Since I came here first I didn't think to try "Oouchi" also! If I hadn't seen them both listed together I likely would have assumed Oouchi was Adachi more confidently and not bothered to inquire.
This is probably more fuss than my last.fm page is worth.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:43 PM

There's also these credits for Aliens (ARC):
Music Compose Adachi
Sound Effect Oouchi

and Contra III:
Sound Effects Masanori Oouchi
Music Compose Masanori Adachi

Last edited by strugglepoo; Nov 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 PM

It is certainly easier with a distinction made between music and sound effects! For one thing, it keeps the music taggers a decade+ later from including both names and confusing people who are more curious than they are competent (me).
Is it possible to include on the artist page a disclaimer to the effect that Adachi/Oodachi is NOT Oouchi?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
Trusted Editor

"Masanori Adachi is often confused for another former Konami sound member, Masanori Oodachi"

something like this?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:38 PM

Yes, that seems adequate. It looks as if a similar confusion exists for Kozo and Keizo Nakamuras (which reminded me I had posted this), but I don't know that they ever worked on the same thing.