VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 31, 2016, 07:26 AM

I noticed in the performers list there's "YOURI" and "the CASH" like they're two separate entities but it's just Youri Sugimoto herself. I did some research. "the CASH" does not even exist as backup band or anything, it's just Youri Sugimoto. So it should just be "YOURI with the CASH" in the performers section and of course have it be linked to Youri Sugimoto (as YOURI with the CASH).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:21 PM
Trusted Editor

I don't remember where I read it but anything like "X with Y" will result in 2 separate entries with "X, Y".

So, here, to have "performers: YOURI, the CASH" is right.

the CASH is a 4 members studio band for Youri Sugimoto on both Grey EP and Megami Tensei EP. You can see them on the EP front cover of the 2nd EP.

Not very sure who the members were except for Mantell Nonoda...

I've sent him a mail to ask if he can remember their names. Could be interesting knowing that before Youri Sugimoto "anime-era" her studio band was composed of future big names like all Fence of Defense members, Tetsuro Oda, Takahiro Matsumoto (B'z), etc...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 01:31 PM

Oh okay you found evidence to prove that "the CASH" was an actual backup band. I tried looking but I couldn't find anything. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry if I came off too hard in the first post.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:53 PM
Trusted Editor

Got answer from Mantell Nonoda.

He thinks the CASH members were:
- Keiichi Takahashi (Guitar)
- Kazuyoshi "Micky" Yamauchi (Bass)
- Daijiro Nozawa [aka DIE] (Keyboards)
- Shinsuke Sasai (Drums)
- Mantell Nonoda (Saxophone)

I guess he made a typo on Sasai's first name. It's most likely 新介, rock band GRAND PRIX drummer.

Original reply:
Quote:
多分ですが。

ギター 高橋圭一
ベース 山内和義
キーボード 野沢大二郎
ドラム 笹井紳介
サックス 野々田万照

だったと思います。

iPhoneから送信
Old Aug 2, 2016, 02:59 PM

Very interesting. Good work!!