VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 17, 2013, 01:46 AM
VGMdb Administrator

On its site, noisycroak claims it published and distributed this album, and it gives the catalog number NCRI-0008 for it. I couldn't find any record of other NCRI numbers being used; maybe they're for digital releases of physical noisycroak albums?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 02:37 AM

It's available on amazon.co.jp at http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , but since I don't understand Japanese, I can't tell if there's any other catalog number listed there. The MP3s themselves only include Amazon song codes in the ID3s as far as identifiers go, since you have to get them via Amazon Cloud Player.

I should also note that the game came out in the US as "Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale" in case the album title should be edited to reflect that.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 03:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, added localized title, thank you.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 03:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

Oh about the catalog, iTunes image url also has it (NCRI0008_OST_jkt.1200x1200-75.jpg), provided by noisycroak probably:
http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music2...00x1200-75.jpg
Old Mar 13, 2014, 02:56 PM

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/28030978.html
本アルバムには、ゲーム本編で使用された楽曲のほか、主題歌「ボクは子供」(作詞:綾部和/作曲:坂本英城 /歌:清田愛未/演奏:TEKARU&今野均ストリングス)のフルバージョンが収録されている。
Old Jul 5, 2015, 08:52 AM

Hi there, long time no see.

Over the past year, I asked a friend of mine (Kizyr of LunarNet and Lunar: Dragon Song, though don't blame him for the latter) to translate the track titles and, if possible, the full lyrics for the song sung as track 16. He got back to me, and between the two of us and DarkeSword of OCR (who was the one who got me into this game in the first place), we hashed out which of his titles needed to be slightly modified based on the North American localization successfully. I figured I would include all that stuff below. Everything in brackets are Kizyr's comments.

-----

01 怪獣が出る金曜日・メインテーマ
Attack of the Friday Monsters - Main Theme
[Literally: 'Fridays (are) when the monsters appear - main theme'. I'm using the official name of the game instead.]

02 小さな幸せのしわ寄せ
Aftereffects of a Little Happiness
[Literally: 'The negative effects of a little happiness'. The wording is also a little play on words with how 'aftereffects' and 'happiness' sound similar to one another.]

03 散歩だけど走る
Strolling Yet Running

04 近所の平和は僕らにまかせろ!防衛宇宙局のテーマ
Leave the Peace of the Neighborhood to Me! Space Defense Department Theme
[Note: I'm using the officially translated name for 'Space Defense Department'.]

05 ご近所探検隊の活躍想像図でニヤニヤ
Smiling with the Neighborhood Expedition's Activity Imagination Plans
[Note: It's possible that 'Neighborhood Expedition' and 'Activity Imagination Plans' are specific things translated differently in the game.] [Arrow's Note: This turned out not to be the case, so we went with his original translation here]

06 金曜日の胸騒ぎ
Friday Apprehension

07 甘いケーキに飛び込んでクロールでおよぐ夢
Dream of Diving into a Sweet Cake and Wading Around
[Note: I think it's describing diving into a cake and then doggy paddling around. Why aren't any of my dreams like that?]

08 365日営業の藤の花商店街
The Year-Round Fuji no Hana Marketplace
[Literally: 'The Fuji no Hana shopping district that is open for 365 days'. 'Fuji no Hana' is a place name.]

09 遊びの空間
Time to Play
[Note: It means 'free time to play', as opposed to declaring that it's now time to play.]

10 疑惑だらけの黒い影
Black Shadow Full of Doubts

11 クラスで6番目のとびきりの美人!
The Sixth Cutest Girl in the Class!
[Literally: 'The sixth-most exceptionally beautiful girl in the class!'. I'm using a modified version of the title of one of the localized episodes instead.]

12 父の夢にダメ出ししたい
I Want to Find Fault with Father's Dream

13 もっと疑惑だらけの黒い影
Black Shadow Even More Full of Doubts

14 宇宙怪獣が出る怪獣が出る金曜日
Attack of the Friday Monsters' Space Monsters
[Literally: 'Fridays (are) when the monsters appear such that the space monsters (also) appear'. Same as Track 01, I'm trying to work in the official name of the game instead.]

15 怪獣が出る金曜日・ラストテーマ
Attack of the Friday Monsters - Final Theme
[Literally: 'Fridays (are) when the monsters appear - last theme'. Same as Track 01, I'm using the official name of the game instead.]

16 ボクは子供
I Am a Child

-----

For the lyrics below to track 16, most of it was directly localized in the NA release as part of the opening cutscene, but the full version of the track includes a second verse that did not get touched, hence me asking Kizyr to translate that part, from 1:45 - 2:30 in the song. He had a little trouble with picking out one specific word and had to make a guess there. Below, smack in the middle of the English translation from the game, I include his English translation (with guess), his Japanese transcription (without guess), and his Romaji transcribing (without guess). I've also put a 45 second clip of that portion of the song on Dropbox if anyone here would like to take a crack at whether his guess is right or not. The first few minutes of this Let's Play of the NA release show the English lyrics there in case you need to verify I'm correct with what I wrote down directly from there.

For specific credits to this track according to the North American release of the game, the vocalist is Manami Kiyota, the lyrics were written by Kaz Ayabe, and the song's actual composer is of course Hideki Sakamoto.

-----

This is Tokyo, Setagaya ward
Fuji no Hana lot number 3
When you climb the green hills, so much green to see
Watch the Tamagawa River run under the bridge
I am a child
It was only 10 years ago that I was born
Living on this planet so blue
Looking up at the great big sky
I am such a small living thing, growing up so big

Chorus:
My dad is a dry cleaner
He works really hard, but he's a little odd
My mom really loves to cook
She always has a smile, but she makes mistakes too

--
This is Tokyo, Setagaya ward
Next door is Kanagawa's house
On the other side of the spinach field
The sound of the train echoes
I am a child
Very happy and pleased to meet you
Living on this planet so blue
Looking up at the great big sky
My heart grew up with such dear friends
--
ここは東京都世田谷区
隣は金川家
小松菜畑の向こうに
電車の音が響くよ
僕は子供
よろしくね、君に会えて嬉しい
この青い星に暮らして
広い空を見つめて
心が育った????な友達
--
koko wa toukyou-to setagaya-ku
tonari wa kanagawa-ke
komatsuna-batake no mukou ni
densha no oto ga hibiku yo
boku wa kodomo
yoroshiku ne, kimi ni aete ureshii
kono aoi hoshi ni kurashite
hiroi sora o mitsumete
kokoro ga sodatta ????na tomodachi
--

Chorus x3

Both my Mom and Dad love me
I don't really know why, what should I do?
Both my Mom and Dad love me
I don't really know why, what should I do?