VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Wow.. seems like Sumthing else is gonna publish the Dead Rising 2 album BEFORE capcom/suleputer !

The Japanese tracklist have no been published yet, but there's a high chance both albums will be the same (watch out to the last bonus track on Sumthing version though).
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:40 AM

Should we add the credits based on the tricky 'artist' tags of the digital release? I'm not sure why so often multiple artists are listed for a single track, and whether all of them was actually as the composers of each track, in the first place, but it seems to be the same as SEMO so those who owns the SE copy could confirm them.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:33 AM
VGMdb Advisor

They seem legit enough, but beware as Sumthing Else's per-track credits aren't always reliable.
For example Devil May Cry 4 has all track (except vocals) credited to Tetsuya Shibata, which isn't true at all.

SEMO probably just used these tags, but maybe they could ask Soule and co about the validity.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:32 PM

Yeah, based the credits on there. Don't have the album to hand -- left many albums I had when I made the move down under.

I'm in touch with Jeremy and Oleksa, but I don't think it's appropriate for me to ask about the credits in these circumstances!

Last edited by Chris; Feb 27, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:32 AM

Thanks guys, so maybe we should list artists in the note without specifying roles... or wait for scans to arrive.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I can't submit scans as my scanner is in reparation but the booklet of this version does not provide a specific tracklist-breakdown. Only says:

Music composed and produced by Oleska Lozowchuk
Additional Music by The Humble Brothers, Jeremy Soule (w/Julian Soule)
Cellist: Blair Lofgren
Violonist: Ashley Plaut
Atlantica Vocalist: Kami Lofgren
Diva Vocalist: Patricia Drake
Old May 2, 2011, 03:14 PM

Does anybody know about a print of this without the bonus track on disc 2?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:24 PM

A little late on your question, but it seems that track was probably submitted in error. I see other sites mention the song, but Amazon has no knowledge of a 47th track on disc 2 in either of its listings, audio CD or MP3. The booklets also don't mention it at all, and we don't have a time for it in the tracklist. Not to my surprise at all: disc 1 has been successfully queued 6 times, while disc 2 has never been successfully queued. Even sites offering (illegal) downloads of the soundtrack list the track in their page description, but then don't have the file in the file list.

Overall: highly doubtful it exists.