VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 2, 2016, 09:21 AM

Oh my god. I have never before tried to scan something as hard as the case on this thing. Photoshop was completely useless when trying to merge the separate scans together. It would either warp the edges of the picture, or add all pictures on top of one another as one big cluster fuck. It literally took 6 hours of nonstop work just to scan the case, and manually try to piece the parts together with cut/paste, and that's not even counting the attempt prior to that when I scanned the case as well, without being able to merge it together.

The finished scan of the outside of the case was ~800 MB, and the resized PNG file is 130 MB, so I had to pull down the quality of the uploaded file quite a bit to get below the 5 MB limit. I hope it didn't suffer too much qualitywise.

Should I add a new tracklist to this album, with the DLC song as well, as I did with the Clock Tower box, or don't we count this one since there is no physical disc with the song on it?

Edit: Oh, and I'm really annoyed that my box is slightly bent at the top left corner, as you can see on the picture. Not from shipping, but as a manufacturing flaw, and the green pattern is way too random to smooth things out in Photoshop. :<

Last edited by BoneSatyr; Mar 2, 2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:37 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSatyr View Post
Should I add a new tracklist to this album, with the DLC song as well, as I did with the Clock Tower box, or don't we count this one since there is no physical disc with the song on it?
No, if it isn't on the CD. Freedb won't work. What was the deal with Clock Tower?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
No, if it isn't on the CD. Freedb won't work. What was the deal with Clock Tower?
There was a physical vinyl included, and a download code for the same tracks.