VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 27, 2018, 01:54 PM

Default Soundtracks on Wikipedia

I've been trying to get more credits, soundtrack listings, and cover art for notable games on Wikipedia.

Most edits were rejected as "inappropriate content" -- the Video Game portal does not consider soundtracks notable enough to include. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...priate_content

Any editors willing to help get more composers/credits added?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:04 AM

Point 15 of your "inappropriate content" link:
Quote:
Non-notable soundtracks: Unless the soundtrack or music is the subject of independent commentary (apart from the game): put it in Development rather than its own section, do not include tracklists,[b] and do not add non-free soundtrack cover art or audio clips.[c] Never upload non-free soundtrack art similar in content to the main infobox's non-free art. If the soundtrack has been released on a widely-distributed physical medium, it can be acceptable to include an infobox for the soundtrack alongside discussion in the "Development" section (for example, see Journey (2012 video game)); non-free cover art must meet the WP:Non-free content guidelines to be included in this infobox.
To be honest that's too much hassle for me to want to partake.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 02:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

You shouldn't have any problem adding composers as long as they are notable and your article has sources. I've created a few pages for anime composers with no issues.

Images are more tricky so I generally don't bother including any.

Tags
wikipedia