VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:36 AM

I set the price to unknown, since Shimotuki's tweet says '発売', (not, say, '頒布') which implies it will costs some $$$ (but correct me if there is more info on Internet)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:04 PM

Ah, okay. It haven't added yet-to-be-released albums until now, so I wasn't really sure about what were the guidelines for them and what I was doing right or wrong.

And if anyone's wondering from where I got the reading for "Kanade", it was from Nao Hiyama's twitter, from this entry in specific: http://en.twitter.com/hiyamason/stat...85529803603968

Although that also revealed that they will be revealing the ARIA lyrics to "Doko Demo Aru Ashita" in this album, too. That really makes me glad, as I was wondering what they said, and I was unable to write them down by ear... (I could only get a few phrases down, like the "OLI ARIA" at the end of each refrain...). Oh, and that also includes the lyrics to the songs from the Griotte bonus drama CDs, which if the bonus disc for the first manga volume is any indication, weren't written down in any of the cards that came with them.

Last edited by aquagon; Jun 11, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:09 PM

Ok, as the official site has opened up with all the information needed to confirm all the aspects of the album, I've taken the liberty to update the entry accordingly.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:26 AM

And now the album has been released, I've taken the time to translate the liner notes, which add some explanations for the vocal songs included in it:

Spoiler:
Illuminating a Promise:

Hiyama: The very last song that plays in the Drama CD. Parsley, who vanished leaving behind a seed, and Salt, who remained. We placed it as another ending song for [Tindharia no Tane], which shows what the future will hold for Salt and Parsley, the Forest and the City, and finally, for the ARIA and the Humans. The ARIA language choruses we put in the hook of the song are actually said by the Goddess, which unexpectedly foreshadows some of the events from [Griotte no Nemurihime], and sing about several important things.

Shimotsuki: I put an special dedication into making the melody as Tindharia-ish as possible, which is why its chords sound so similar to the ones found in [Seed of Prayers], as it's a ending song told from other viewpoint. Likewise, to give off the image that the Goddess and the Humans were communicating their feelings to each other, I did my best at trying to entwine the melodies that had the ARIA language and Japanese choruses. Most likely, if you listen to it after the Drama CD, the violin solo at the beginning will make you cry.

Crossing the Dreams:

Hiyama: This is the [Song for Stimulating the Stagnated Cycle of Life], which appeared several times during the manga adaptation. It also ended becoming the [Song] that sent Salt dozing off. While it's in some parts the opposite to [Crossing the Skies], which was recorded in Griotte no Nemurihime, part of their ARIA language choruses and lyrics have the same exact phrases. During the passage "Making the silver bells resound", we actually made some bells resound secretly, which ended making this a pretty fantasy-styled song.

Shimotsuki: While this song was already in process of being created when we began with the [Griotte no Nemurihime] project, in order to foreshadow that both albums took place in the same world, we decided to make other song like it that had its same effects and make it appear in the manga adaptation to Tindharia no Tane. So I decided to experiment a little with the scales, and thus, the major chord version of the initial melody ended becoming this one, [Crossing the Dreams], while the minor chord version ended becoming Griotte's [Crossing the Skies]. Iwadare-san made a great job with the dynamics arrangement!

Wherever Tomorrow Might Be:

Hiyama: This is the song of Clesson, who serves as Salt's superior in the Gatherer corps. As he was an orphan that Junde found in the desert, he was always worried about if he was an human or an ARIA. Therefore, having met people like Junde and Salt allowed him to expand his viewpoints. In the lyrics, I decided to portray his feelings: that no matter wherever he might go, there will always be a tomorrow awaiting for him.

Shimotsuki: When I made the desert BGM for the Drama CD adaptation, I decided to somehow include the information about Clesson having been found in the desert, and thus added that melody to his own theme. Conversely, in the scenes where Clesson appears we decided to use a BGM that has the same motif as this song, so I quite enjoyed having been able to put these links as we worked in the Drama CD. This song will surely become more interesting if you read the manga that has the same name as it.

Symbol of Wishes:

Hiyama: This is Grenbarn's song, who besides Salt, also was her fiance, and had genuine feelings for her. He always continue watching over the seed that Parsley had left them, to ensure it would become a large tree. So the tree could continue being protected once a long time had passed and he wasn't around anymore, he built an stone monument, and with Salt's help, he inscribed in it the score for a [Song that wished for the tree's grow]. This would become the beginning for the Apiareid family.

Shimotsuki: The choruses at the beginning and end, which sing the feelings and prayers for the Tree of Tindharia to grow healthily, and have the same exact lyrics, have the same melody as [Seed of Prayers]. It could be said that this song is like Grenbarn's own [Seed of Prayers], to be left eternally alongside the Tree. As you can see in the illustration we drew for the setting of this song, there's an illustration among the ones in [Griotte no Nemurihime] that looks pretty similar to it.

Journey to the Distance:

Hiyama: In the first place, the image of the boy Lyle, and in the second place, the image of the girl Citra. This is the song of the decisive journey in which both of them embarked to reach the Royal Capital in order to get vengeance after their dear childhood friend Elfin was killed in their hometown, right before their eyes. Of course, this means that this situates this song right between [The Chosen People] and [The Princess and the Clown] in Griotte no Nemurihime's narrative. The ARIA language choruses that can be found midway through the song are phrases said by the Spirit of the Moon, FERIA.

Shimotsuki: I'd like to make a song that covered the stories after the journey in the first tome of the manga... that's what I told Naruke-san after I handed her the drafts of the manga and scenario, and while we both were reading further into them, I asked her to make it into a song that depicted the image of a journey that had a lot of sadness in the background. I think that the accordion and violin parts at the beginning would be set as the A-melody if we played it during a live, as the timing that they were given was quite impressive. *laughs*

A Flower Blooming in the Ruins:

Hiyama: While they were in their revenge journey, Lyle and Citra briefly stopped in the ruined city of Cardamon. The only inhabitant of that place was an old man. An old man who lived in a desolate house, whose feelings were entirely centered in the bygone days in which his family was still with him. That was what he had in his heart... Citra wanted to tell the feelings she experienced back then to someone, and borrowing the power of the violinist Vold, she made and sang this song.

Shimotsuki: This song is played in the bar at Graria, and in the Drama, it has Vold's voiceover being said over it. I personally asked MANYO-san to give it the same mood of a jig. Also, Vold's violin is played in a similar way to that of [The Princess and the Clown], so we could say that Tsuboy-san played it in a very "prince-like" manner. We established that Lyle would be the one playing the tambourine during it, but for his first time playing that instrument, he did it pretty well.

Sapphire Tears:

Hiyama: This is a fairytale related to the Griotte that Citra made up after her journey ended. Like in [The Princess and the Clown], the characters that appear during it and the story itself are very dramatized. Upon having noticed that the letter the young man sent her was blurred from the tears he had shed, despite it saying "Congratulations", the bride chose to disappear into the sea. As for who served as the inspiration as this song, that is something I'll leave to your imagination.

Shimotsuki: This song began as a fairytale created by Hiyama-san, which later on we consolidated and gave to Iwadare-san for the composition and arrangement, although a few days later he came and told us "It ended getting around nine minutes long. Is this good enough?"... As a result of that, it's a magnificent song that develops slowly, at the same rhythm as the story it tells. Of course, as I went on singing it, I ended empathizing a little too much with the sad decision of the bride, and ended crying myself.