VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:10 AM

Someday, surely.

What a glorious day. I guess many of you know that feeling: There's one CD that's very close to you, one CD that you love, one CD that gives you nightmares, one CD that makes you search YJA multiple times a day, one CD that you feel you'd do anything to obtain it. Your personal one holy grail, that one most sought after CD - DUEL succession was that for me, and my search finally ended today. After a long hunt, many ups and downs, I finally hold it in my hands; for an amazing price & mint. It was sort of a risk buy because I didn't know if the CD would be included in the game package or not. Seller (sells used stuff) didn't give any info about that after specifically asking for that so I at first figured it would be better to not buy it. After a few months, and because I was on an SMJ shopping spree anyway, I just thought: fuck it, just order it - either you win or you lose, make-or-break. I'm glad how it turned out. Awesome.

Does anyone know if there are other such CD enclosures by KSK (Kure Software Koubou) besides First Queen 1, DUEL and DUEL succession / other games by KSK that came with a bonus CD?

I changed classification to Arrangement - the tracks are arrangements just like the First Queen and DUEL albums. Also changed the title according to the Back Scan, but maybe it's better to change it to like it's on the Front, you know, standards and stuff. Don't know about that, just thought since one album is called MUSIC FROM 'DUEL' , taking that title kinda made sense but that other album also had it on the Front like that, sooo... Anyway, it's certainly better than what was in there previously.

Last edited by Zethe; Mar 28, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Congrats on your win
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:53 AM

You should feel like a true winner, dude. Finding those KSK albums would probably be a pain in the arse at this point, let alone the games themselves. Congrats.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:33 AM

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/p318188946

500Y
Old Apr 22, 2020, 01:52 PM

Does anyone know what the amazing opening track For the Distant Land is an arrangement of?

And yes, I'm a bit late to the party but this album is an absolute wonder. So freaking rare, even amongst VGM aficianados but easily contains some of the most timelessly delightful gems ever recorded, in my opinion of course.

I've listened to the HOOT set from this game (as well as other KSK games which Sasaki composed for) and while I have noticed quite a bit of musical re-use between those games, the odd track title mismatch here and there, music credited to Sasaki that he almost definitely did not write, as well as a couple simply fantastic pieces he did write that were never arranged for this album - I can't for the life of me determine what the source material for the opening track mentioned above is.

Might it even be an original composition written solely for this album?

Last edited by SerenissimusDux; Apr 27, 2020 at 12:57 PM.