VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:41 PM

Default SLPS-25771: gRiMgRiMoiRe Soundtrack CD

Can someone tell me where the composer information was taken from? On Nippon Ichi's GrimGrimoire page, I found Hitoshi Sakimoto's name in the Special section, and I also see his name on the English version of the soundtrack, but I can't find any of the other names anywhere.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:47 PM

Game credits, Basiscape site, and various other sources confirm the composer credits. Sakimoto is just credited for simplicity and promotion in a somewhat misleading way. It's a pity we still don't have track-by-track credits though.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:50 PM

Well, a lot of times the big-name composer will get the credit for those reasons. I think there was some mention of Shimomura getting credited for a recent album... Xenoblade or something... even though she did 4 tracks or something. Anyway thanks, and by the way this is a great soundtrack. And I say this as someone who doesn't like it just because Sakimoto worked on it, since I don't like everything he does.

EDIT: Here we go, just so it's here.

http://www.basiscape.com/works2007.html?index=4

Quote:
All Sound by Basiscape
崎元(サウンドプロデュース・テーマ作編曲)
金田・岩田・阿部・上倉(作編曲)
中越(効果音)
金子(効果音)

Last edited by Medina; Aug 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:29 AM

All Sound by Basiscape
Sakimoto (Sound Produce, Theme Composition/Arrangement)
Kaneda, Iwata, Abe, Kamikura, (Composition/Arrangement)
中越 (Sound Effects)
Kaneko (Sound Effects)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:57 AM

There is no official composer breakdown available? I think most people could guess who composed which track, but it neverless would be interesting to know.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:14 PM

I've been working on my own composer breakdown. I could tell you which tracks Kaneda and Abe wrote, but I still have troubles distinguishing them apart sometimes. They have that same kind of modulating chords w/ bubbly melodies sound. I have been researching their styles more from other releases. So far I have noticed that Abe tends to be more quirkier.

I would be interested in seeing anyone elses guesses.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:19 PM

Here are my thoughts:

Hitoshi Sakimoto: 1,6,17 (the two later tracks use the "Main Theme" and the style is similar)
Mitsuhiro Kaneda: 2,3,4,7,9,11,14,16 (Kaneda's whimsical style is pretty obvious mostly, at least for the area themes)
Masaharu Iwata: 5,8,12,15 (Iwata is also a easy guess, if you know soundtracks like Children of Mana or Final Fantasy XII)
Kimihiro Abe: 10,13 ("Battle" is absolutely him, but the other track(s) I'm not quite sure about)
Noriyuki Kamikura: 18 (the Jingle man, like in Deltora Quest)

I would be also interested what other people think.

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Aug 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:04 PM

Is this the complete soundtrack? If so, I'll snatch a copy. One of the few Basiscape albums I don't own.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think it is, though I didn't finish the game. It's mostly talking/event scenes + a some battle songs, didn't need too many tracks.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:27 PM

Should the english tracklist be attached to this one, since it is very similar in the translation and is "official"?