VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:06 PM

This album is exactly the same as the original Japanese release content-wise. The Japanese release had many errors on the track list that is printed on the disc when it was 1st released, and the US version has the corrected tracklist printed on the back and as such should be marked as a reprint. Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:55 PM

Based on your post, I'll hook up this to the other entry.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:01 PM

Wow, I came into this thread thinking it was the one I'd just posted in. Oh, and it's cool you changed the capitalization of the game name like that Cedille, because I was wondering if I should do that.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

This one has slightly different track times, it may not be a 100% reprint. Could anybody check it?

I think the caps are just a stylish-logo thing though. The back scan simply has "GrimGrimoire Original Soundtrack".
Old May 23, 2012, 03:39 PM
Trusted Editor

No individual song credits? Hmm, unusual for a Basisicape album.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 07:42 PM

So, I got a copy of this recently, and... it's a data track? When I put it in the drive, I get a folder with Apple Interchangeable something-or-other audio files in a folder, numbered and named. Is this how this CD is supposed to work?

Just for some info, my copy actually has the catalog number G03SD-CD001, not G03SD-CD002. I'm
Old Sep 4, 2014, 08:18 PM

That's why they did the reprint, to make it an actual Compact Disc Digital Audio. Info here starting with post 12. If I remember correctly, both are actually lossy sourced though. You could rip it and run it through a spectogram to check.

You should probably make an entry for your version since it's got a different catalog number.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:32 AM

Wow, that's pretty cool. Thanks for that thread. Considering I paid $3.00 in total after shipping (figure that one out), I'm not too bummed.

Maybe I'll make a new entry... later But would an entry for the original print belong here? It's just a data CD with song files on it. I guess since it's an official release, it's interesting information though.

Last edited by Hellacia; Sep 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:00 AM

It would be usuful to have an entry for original print, maybe it can even be classified as Data instead, and then explain it in the notes. It's good information for petential future buyers.
Too bad both Data CD and CDDA are lossy sourced, otherwise it would make a strong point to which version is superior.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:14 AM

I guess I could maybe not be lazy and do it sometime this year then

That is a shame about the source, didn't know either of them were lossy.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 04:36 PM

I'll just go ahead and make the entry. The cover and everything is the same as G03SD-CD002, right?

Seems this album is listed under the release date for the original issue. The earliest mention of anyone receiving their replacement, i.e. this album, is July 29th. Should the release date be switched to that or maybe just July with no specific date?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
I'll just go ahead and make the entry. The cover and everything is the same as G03SD-CD002, right?
It's a bit different. It doesn't have Audio CD on the front, and obviously the catalog is different on the back (lower right corner). Some pictures here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grimgrimoire...item23402cfd0a