VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:42 AM

Arrow FALL ANIME SEASON 2014 - LIST OF COMPOSERS

Fall anime season almost here and also new list of composers.
As always some names are missing.

IMHO this season looks very promising - lot of my favorite composers there.

FALL ANIME SEASON 2014

All the best
Porter
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:16 AM

I like Technoboys music in Trinity Seven PV.
I hope that there will be more of this awesome groovy stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO49_W622Rs
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:32 AM
VGMdb Staff

Shiro Hamaguchi is doing Shirobako. Active Planets is doing Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai.

My main interest this season will be Kanno's Gundam which sounds really great from the lengthy preview that was posted recently. This is a classic mecha score: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...eview_creation

And then there's another mecha, Cross Ange, with Akiko Shikata as the composer. I like her work very much but still think she's an odd choice for this project. Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1sJFpK2mo

So disappointed about Nanatsu no Taizai. A shounen fantasy adventure series and they put Sawano in charge of the music. His style doesn't fit that genre at all and you can bet that he's not going to do anything different from his normal junk.

I think Murai is an interesting choice for Terraformars. The PV makes it seem like the music will be mostly rock but I hear a bit of orchestra too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PWc7aVFe2sY

Fukasawa taking over Fate was something I was expecting and it's a good move on Aniplex's part. I think he's a better fit for the series than Kajiura. And most of Kajiura's work as of late hasn't been very inspired, anyways.

Lastly, I'm excited to see Ryo Kunihiko is back to scoring anime for Akatsuki no Yona. It's been a while since Letter Bee and it's good to see him returning for another fantasy adventure series.

Last edited by cal; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Shiro Hamaguchi is doing Shirobako. Active Planets is doing Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai.

My main interest this season will be Kanno's Gundam which sounds really great from the lengthy preview that was posted recently. This is a classic mecha score: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...eview_creation

Fukasawa taking over Fate was something I was expecting and it's a good move on Aniplex's part. I think he's a better fit for the series than Kajiura. And most of Kajiura's work as of late hasn't been very inspired, anyways.

Lastly, I'm excited to see Ryo Kunihiko is back to scoring anime for Akatsuki no Yona. It's been a while since Letter Bee and it's good to see him returning for another fantasy adventure series.
I am curious if in Daitoshokan anime will be used music from VN game because there is still written at cdjapan for AUG-9103 "Original soundtrack release of the game and anime series"

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life PV has crazy-groovy music by Elements Garden and I also hope that Grisaia anime get score by Junpei Fujita who scored 1st VN game.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 07:25 AM

Excited about Akiko Shikata. Didn't know about this until now.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post

it must be his 2nd mecha anime no? (I think giniro no olynssis is a mecha anime)
since I never watched it, I can't know if he's able to make nice tunes for that
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:56 PM
VGMdb Staff

A couple new ones:
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - Go Sakabe
World Trigger - Kenji Kawai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it must be his 2nd mecha anime no? (I think giniro no olynssis is a mecha anime)
since I never watched it, I can't know if he's able to make nice tunes for that
I think that was a mecha but I've never seen it. It was one of his earlier scores (2007) and it had some good music. This Gundam sounds a lot better though. His style hasn't changed much over the years but he's definitely improved.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 04:00 AM

Another new ones:
Grisaia no Kajitsu - ELEMENTS GARDEN

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - HAJIME HYAKKOKU

Orenchi no Furo Jijou - HIROMI MIZUTANI (Team-MAX)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:27 PM

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - KEIICHI OKABE/MONACA

Only one left: Girlfriend (Kari)

Last edited by Porter; Sep 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:36 AM
VGMdb Staff

Magic Kaito 1412: Taku Iwasaki

That makes three 2-cour shows for Iwasaki this year. Busy guy.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 01:32 PM

Girlfriend - KENJI KAWAI
Old Nov 18, 2014, 04:57 PM
Trusted Editor

I've started watching Shirobako today. Got me wondering when they make the first anime about making an anime about making anime. Well, from my first impression I like my meta-anime, still can't say much about the music though.

EDIT: relevant *g*