VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Clarice Disk's pages for the album list the title of Shatterhand as Shatterhand in katakana, シャッターハンド, instead of the title of the Japanese conversion of the game, 特救指令ソルブレイン (Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain). I don't really know anything about the regional differences besides what Wikipedia tells me. Does anyone know if there's a difference in music that would make their use of the U.S. title significant?

Also: this is pretty neat.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:40 AM

Never heard of the game before, but this is the first page google gave me by Shatterhand.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hzk/kommander/shand.html

Quote:
タイトルデモと、エリアCのBGMが国内版と異なる。また、エリアFのBGMがエリアEと同じになっている 。よって、国内版のタイトルデモ(プラスアップ)と、エリアC&FのBGMは鳴らない。
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ah, so the music was changed a little bit between the versions. Guess I'll leave just Shatterhand in the product field for now. Thanks for checking.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 02:41 PM

Wait... WHAT!?
I just can't believe it. And just days ago I was dreaming about Clarice Disk giving a shot at Natsume games so we could see more Iwatsuki music released, and BAM!; we already get Chaos world and Wild Guns. And one more volume at the very least coming in the future.
Just wonderful news.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!

Last edited by Kewing; Feb 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:32 PM

Choujin Sentai Jetman and Mitsume ga Tooru better be on the next volume!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:48 AM

I was wondering; has there been any word about any kind of first print bonus extra disc, like in previous Clarice Disk releases? Can anyone that has a copy confirm it?
My copy is finally on the way, but I thought it would be nice to know beforehand. So excited to finally listen to Wild Guns in an official release ¦)

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old May 2, 2015, 05:33 PM

Anyone could translate the tracklist? I can try, but I really don't understand nothing in japanese :/
Old Jun 9, 2015, 04:25 AM

Thanks for CHz (I think) for translating it. To celebrate, I have some great news for Hiroyuki enthusiasts. I spoke to him through Facebook, and he gave me some nice composer breakdowns for some SNES games, which are my favorites, including Wild Guns, which is in this release.

He composed almost all the songs, except 55 (SELECT PLAYER), 59 (AMMUNITION DEPOT) and 67 (ENDING), which were composed by Haruo Ohashi. I have the proof of it, but I prefer to not expose his chat with me here for an ethical matter, he gave this information for me privatly, and I don't want to post prints of it here, but I'll give it by PM to any member staff member if they don't trust the information. Proper edits have been made to the album notes.

I have to say that he's a really great person, answered kindly all my questions, and made me proud of being a fan of his work
Old Jun 9, 2015, 02:36 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Jeriaska of The Ongaku/Nobuooo interviewed Iwatsuki a while back and got info on a few of his game works, including Wild Guns, so that breakdown has actually been known for a while. But I forgot to add it here, whoops!

Did you get any info on Pocky & Rocky 2? Its soundtrack is on volume 3.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Clarice Disk's pages for the album list the title of Shatterhand as Shatterhand in katakana, シャッターハンド, instead of the title of the Japanese conversion of the game, 特救指令ソルブレイン (Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain). I don't really know anything about the regional differences besides what Wikipedia tells me. Does anyone know if there's a difference in music that would make their use of the U.S. title significant?
7 years later...

The Japanese version was a licensed game based on a tokusatsu series of the same name. I'm guessing they either couldn't get rights to it for this album or it just wasn't worth the trouble when they could just claim the music is from the "totally unrelated" Shatterhand.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 05:24 AM

Also I fixed up the English translations. Some were pretty far off:

我が名は東方見文録 - "Our Name is Touhou Kenbunroku" -> "My Name is Touhou Kenbunroku"
タイムスリップ - "Time Sleep" -> "Time Warp"
文録でごぜーます! - "Thanks for the Bunroku!" -> "I Am Bunroku!"
イデアの魔の手 - "Idea in the Demon's Hand" -> "In the Clutches of Idea"
敵が立直! - "One Tile Away from the Enemy!" -> "The Enemy is One Tile from Victory!"

Last edited by Aifread; Jan 25, 2021 at 06:57 AM.