VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 4, 2019, 05:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Have fun editing this one Illidan.

Pretty sure this is 2nd highest CD count in the db now. In-between the Gust Box (44) and the Omega Force Box (60).
Old Jun 4, 2019, 08:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Sweet fancy Moses, that's HUGE
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ouch, this is pretty huge indeed. Will definitely take a stab at the credits eventually, unless someone else wants to have fun with it.

EDIT: I have most of the discs typed up, still need to fill some info from some albums that have incomplete entries.

Last edited by Illidan; Jun 6, 2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 07:58 AM

As Key have released such a big box, what will the "Leaf/Aquaplus" box be like???
Old Jun 6, 2019, 04:31 PM

It's interesting that instead of the going the lazy repress of all the game soundtracks route it's primarily a collection of singles, mixes, and arrangements from over the years. As someone who has all the soundtracks but missed some of the event only stuff I'm very interested. Only unfortunate thing I see is some releases combined into single discs causing missing tracks; like disc 9 being from branch, cran mor, and dye mixture but only listing 10 tracks. :/ Will be interesting to see the final press and compare the originals to the collection
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Added the credits. I didn't have time to double check everything as this took forever so I would really appreciate if anyone can check them.

As a small note, I couldn't find track 32.07 on other releases, *I think* these are the 3 albums represented in that CD: KSLA-0127, VA20-0001~2 and KSLA-0116. I have ripped all of them and I don't really remember there being an hidden track, if anyone has any idea please let me know.

@Zorbfish: I'd say this is pretty complete as far as a vocal box goes. In the example you mentioned, they just took the vocal tracks from those albums. Not really my thing, but I guess they'd need way more CDs to make a complete soundtrack/arrange box.

Last edited by Illidan; Jun 6, 2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 05:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Added a few missing credits from the booklet, I'll give this a more thorough check and add the rest of the track times in the next few days.

Also added some digital "covers" and a track correction (22.13 小さな手のひら -> 小さなてのひら) from the box site

EDIT: the romaji tracklist was missing track 8 on disc 49 so had to resubmit it.

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 27, 2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
As a small note, I couldn't find track 32.07 on other releases, *I think* these are the 3 albums represented in that CD: KSLA-0127, VA20-0001~2 and KSLA-0116. I have ripped all of them and I don't really remember there being an hidden track, if anyone has any idea please let me know.
Track 32.07 comes from a hidden song on track 7 of WIC-6526, beginning at the 8:00 mark. Just figured I'd let you know since I didn't see your question addressed!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:47 AM

So there's no original tracks on here, correct? It's all stuff that has been previously released?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 02:07 AM

What’s up with disc 39 track 14?? Its a 7 sec clip of a baby crying. What does it mean and why is it there??
Old Aug 25, 2021, 04:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesteas View Post
What’s up with disc 39 track 14?? Its a 7 sec clip of a baby crying. What does it mean and why is it there??
Since the track before it is called "Birthday Song for This Planet", I would say it's symbolizing just being born (baby's first cries on it's birth day).
Old Aug 28, 2021, 03:04 AM

Why is this named "Key BOX" when it's quite clearly "KeyBOX"?
https://key.visualarts.gr.jp/key20th/key_box.html
https://nitter.nixnet.services/key_official/search?f=tweets&q="keybox"
https://nitter.nixnet.services/key_official/search?f=tweets&q="key box" (the one tweet that calls it key box is from june 4, keybox tweets are all newer)
Old Aug 28, 2021, 03:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

We use the printed title: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=383582
Old Aug 28, 2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
that's troublesome
printed title takes priority even when a genuine title is availible? do you transfer weird stylings too (yes (https://vgmdb.net/search?q=rasen+Megumi+Ogata) lmao rasen is just one word she literally sings about rasen)? that is VERY troublesome. it's even more troublesome since this "genuine" title is oficially endorsed through twitter and online markets, it's XXI century btw
was there a discussion on this I can familiarize myself with?

Last edited by selectfrom; Aug 28, 2021 at 04:54 AM.