VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:32 AM

While I was transcribing and translating the credits of the booklet pages 04 and 05, I've found various errors and typos in the musicians that are worthy to be mentioned.

First, the most trustworthy source that I've found for the romanization of コンセール・レニエ (which is only a few selected members of the NHK symphony orchestra mixed with other session musicians) is this, but I admit I haven't found anything official on this particular ensemble.

All the artists with the kanji form next to them are not included in our database except when they are incorrectly credited for typos or errors in some kanji. I'll discuss only the miswritten musicians, for the sake of clarity:

西 貴人 (as found in the booklet) = Takato Saijo = 西 貴人 (as it appears in our database)
Second kanji incorrectly written, but either way can be read as Takato Saijo.

高橋 臣 (as found in the booklet) = Takanori Takahashi = 高橋 臣 (as it appears in our database)
The last kanji is a typo, but either way it can be read as Takanori Takahashi.

部 憲 (as found in the booklet) = Ken Okabe = 部 憲 (as it appears in our database)
In this case, I haven't found a single credit for a person named "田部憲" (as violinist), so I decided to take a look to violinists with similar kanjis and Ken Okabe has a very similar kanji form and as well is a regular member of the Masatsugu Shinozaki Strings group, and don't forget that Masatsugu Shinozaki is the concertmaster of this very album.

森 由子 (as found in the booklet) = Yuriko Mori = 森 由子 (as it appears in our database)
Although there is a lyricist whose kanji form is exactly "森由里子", it's quite obvious that she doesn't play the violin in a symphonic ensemble. There is another Yuriko Mori in the database with many credits as violinist and who has worked with many other violinists of this album.

清水 大貴 (as found in the booklet) = Daiki Shimizu = 清水 醍輝 (as it appears in our database)
In this case, there are some references such as this page where a violinist named "清水大貴" is credited but if you read the little profile of Daiki Shimizu in that page you'll find that explains similar prizes and dates as the profile of the shinozaki page (here in japanese). So, regardless of the difference in the kanji form I think that 清水大貴 is just a variation of 清水醍輝.

丸山 雄 (as found in the booklet) = Yasuo Maruyama = 丸山 雄 (as it appears in our database)
Again, a wrong kanji changes all. 丸山貴雄 is the name of famous skier and there is no cellist that has a credit under that name. 丸山泰雄 is the cellist whose name is the most similar to the one printed on the booklet, and he has collaborated with other musicians of this album on previous occassions.

一本茂樹 (as found in the booklet) = Shigeki Ippon = 一本 茂樹 (as it appears in our database)
Here, for some inexplicable reason someone added the kanji 木 to the name of this bassist. 一本木 is not even a valid name, so it's just a plain typo.

Btw, the scat singer correct name is Nataliya Gudziy, not Gudzie as written in the booklet.

Last edited by isdapi; Feb 24, 2015 at 01:20 AM.